Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR Vs. AK

For civillian use which one is better?

reliable, accuracy, durability, ammo price availability etc..

I want both but with a limited budget I seem to be leaning more towards an ak..
    "PSH!!!"

I personally don't like the way aks shoot.... but thats just me
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

This is a question you will never have a right answer for.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        This is a question you will never have a right answer for.
        just looking for opinions right now
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

wanna go shoot my sig 556?

its right in between
          Big Rooster Racing
          1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Aks dont make sense without a fully automatic setting. Semi auto only goes against the doctrine for which the gun was created.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

i sold a mac90 to help fund my ar builds. i dont miss it!

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Reliability: AK. My AK has yet to not go bang.

Accuracy: AR. Much tighter tolerances then any AK and the 5.56 shoots flatter and farther.

Durability: AK. Less parts and looser tolerances.

Ammo: AK. They love any ammo you feed them. And steel cased is much cheaper than brass. It's also a more potent round.

If you want something now, get the AK now and the AR later. That's exactly what I did.
                IMG_0424

Comment

For plinking and SHTF moments, save some money and go with the AK... Add an AR down the road when you want to spend a little more money.

Comment

AK's are very limited guns.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

This argument is as old as the AR....

That said, I firmly believe that WTSHTF if it does, an AK will be near worthless.

Seriously are you going to be in close range combat with so many foes that you need a rifle that puts lots of heavy bullets all over the place? Do you intend to fight an entire army with your entire army?

For a war weapon the AK is great for a survival weapon it is nearly worthless.

In an individual, family or small group survival situation accuracy, RANGE and mobility and the ability to hide will be far more important than putting lots of bullets in the air.

I'm willing to bet the guy that never has to shoot WTSHTF will probably live the longest.

The other guys that will live long are the ones that can take out the bad guys from a long way away and get their asses far away.

The AK doesn't really offer either of those opportunities.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Now if I were going to start an army of idiots in a backward country where illiteracy is rampant I would love the AK since any idiot can operate one.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        Now if I were going to start an army of idiots in a backward country where illiteracy is rampant I would love the AK since any idiot can operate one.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          this is correct.

To clean the weapon, drop it in a local freshwater stream and shake it around.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            this is correct.

To clean the weapon, drop it in a local freshwater stream and shake it around.
                            Your sig is cracking me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              Your sig is cracking me up.
                              lol nam dog. I thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X