Dems vote to partially extend Bush Tax Cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dems vote to partially extend Bush Tax Cuts

The bill extend the tax cuts for families making less than $250,000 or singles making less than $200,000.

Ron Paul, Walter Jones, and John Duncan are the only Republicans that voted with the Dems.

20 Democrats voted with the Republicans.

Now the bill goes to the Senate..

Good, starve the government, bring on the spending cuts.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

still should be an extension for everyone, not just those that make under $250k.
      كافر

Originally posted by sc281
      Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
      Originally posted by Trick Pony
      ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

They can't do anything right... Congress waits to the last minute, the IRS can't finalize forms etc. until a bill is finished, and everything is cluster fuck. The internal revenue code is full of temporary regs, and our representatives spend a year arguing a BS health care bill rather than doing their jobs and dealing with pressing tax law issues. They already managed to allow estate tax to expire haha, there were some happy families pulling the plug on Grandma.

Oh yeah and just wait until the new 1099 reporting standards that were buried in the health care bill go into effect. It is going to be a reporting nightmare, and will really hurt small businesses. This piece of legislation is such an ill conceived idea. Sure it will find some unreported income, at an enormous cost to the taxpayer and the IRS.

Comment

It won't make it through the senate. From what I hear, they have 41 "nays" lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post

Oh yeah and just wait until the new 1099 reporting standards that were buried in the health care bill go into effect. It is going to be a reporting nightmare, and will really hurt small businesses. This piece of legislation is such an ill conceived idea. Sure it will find some unreported income, at an enormous cost to the taxpayer and the IRS.
            We might be ok on this. Even the Obama administration has stopped defending it. There seems to be a decent chance that it will be repealed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              We might be ok on this. Even the Obama administration has stopped defending it. There seems to be a decent chance that it will be repealed.
              There was a vote in the senate to repeal it a couple of days ago and it didn't pass... I hope they will, but I'm not holding my breath haha...

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
                There was a vote in the senate to repeal it a couple of days ago and it didn't pass... I hope they will, but I'm not holding my breath haha...

Yea, leave it to politicians to screw up the simplest thing. I wonder why it didn't pass. Was it attached to another piece of legislation?

Comment

Working...
                X