Receiver gurus... 7.1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiver gurus... 7.1?

I know this is probably rethorical, but in a 5.1 track is there a way on the amp to force 7.1? basically split the side surround signal between the sides and backs? Or even duplicate the side to the back channels?

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
    I know this is probably rethorical, but in a 5.1 track is there a way on the amp to force 7.1? basically split the side surround signal between the sides and backs? Or even duplicate the side to the back channels?
    Yes. Pro Logic IIx will do that, if your receiver has the option.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      Yes. Pro Logic IIx will do that, if your receiver has the option.
      It does, but pl2x doesn't sound as good as just DD 5.1... I was more thinkin a way to make DD 5 play all 7... Without the media sent out in 7...

Comment

It does, but pl2x doesn't sound as good as just DD 5.1... I was more thinkin a way to make DD 5 play all 7... Without the media sent out in 7...
        It just plays the 2 channels of audio on 4 speakers instead of 2, accomplishing exactly what you described. Not sure why it doesn't sound good to you or what other way you could get there. Sounds good to me!

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
          It just plays the 2 channels of audio on 4 speakers instead of 2, accomplishing exactly what you described. Not sure why it doesn't sound good to you or what other way you could get there. Sounds good to me!
          The surround is there, but the other front main 3 dont sound as good as Dolby Digital mode. Maybe it's just the way the receiver is processing it. Oh well.

Comment

The surround is there, but the other front main 3 dont sound as good as Dolby Digital mode. Maybe it's just the way the receiver is processing it. Oh well.
            It should not affect the front 3 whatsoever. That's strange.

Comment

1. That's what Pro Logic IIx processing is for, which is standard bill of fare on modern receivers sans some entry level gear.

2. All of my new Panasonic Blu-ray players have a feature called 7.1ch Audio Reformatting. When enabled, all native lossy or lossless 5.1/6.1 channel soundtracks get formatted to 7.1 then sent to receiver via HDMI. I assume this feature is available with other brands as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
                1. That's what Pro Logic IIx processing is for, which is standard bill of fare on modern receivers sans some entry level gear.

2. All of my new Panasonic Blu-ray players have a feature called 7.1ch Audio Reformatting. When enabled, all native lossy or lossless 5.1/6.1 channel soundtracks get formatted to 7.1 then sent to receiver via HDMI. I assume this feature is available with other brands as well.
                That's pretty sweet! Jluv got me fixed up, I had too much rear fill and it was drowning out my fronts (making them sound too soft and lost in the sound stage... I faded about 7 db out of the backs and it sounds tits on music. Can't wait to A/B it on movies. Now I just need another pair of speakers and a new PL2z amp so I can run 9.2, now that 7.1 is dialed in.

Comment

Damn I need a home theater.....
                  Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                  X