HTC Aria owner(s)/Android users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTC Aria owner(s)/Android users

Have you rooted and flashed any custom ROM's and if so, what's the "best" one? I'd like to try froyo but really don't wanna hose my new phone.

TIA,
    Bryan

I don't know much about that particular phone but I advise you to join xda-developers if you haven't already and search for your phone tons of info there.

I do know you will need rom manager from the market place to back up your current rom though.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've been lurking/reading over there and anywhere else google takes me but there's too much info out there and I haven't found a definitive answer to my question about Flash 10.1 support.

Have you ever rooted and flashed one/any yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by 06S197GT View Post
        I don't know much about that particular phone but I advise you to join xda-developers if you haven't already and search for your phone tons of info there.

I do know you will need rom manager from the market place to back up your current rom though.
        Not necessarily rom manger but you will need a custom recovery to perform a backup of you old rom just in case something goes wrong in the flash you can revert back. rom manager just happens to created by one of the 3 good custom recovery devs. amon-ra is a good one, clockwork recovery is another (which is rom manager in the marketplace) and cm recovery. from what i know cyanogen mod seems to be the best rom because its built from scratch from cyanogen and his team. but there's others out there. and yes check xda-developers,it has VERY good info on you specific phone.

ive had a g1 rooted flashed modded to hell, now i have a samsung vibrant rooted,running a custom froyo leaked rom.

Tesla Service Technician.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've been lurking/reading over there and anywhere else google takes me but there's too much info out there and I haven't found a definitive answer to my question about Flash 10.1 support.

Have you ever rooted and flashed one/any yourself?
          My phone is rooted, but I have not flashed a rom just yet as my phone has only been out for a month and devs are still working out the bugs in their roms. If you don't want to search for the threads manually just click the wiki link on the forum then click your device and it should direct you to threads for rooting and flashing roms.

Comment

My droid x running froyo is rooted and I've tried a few different rom. I haven't found a rom ive liked and have flashed back to factory.

Comment

Cyanogen is stable on the Aria - I would highly recommend that. Only reason I don't run it on my EVO is b/c they don't have 4g working yet.

01 Turbo Miata
              96 4x4 Suburban

Comment

For people rooting there EVO you need to backup your 4g wimax keys with Amon Ra or you could loose your 4g.

Comment

keys? I'm rooted with unrevoked using clockwork recovery and a stock ota rom. my 4g works fine.
                  01 Turbo Miata
                  96 4x4 Suburban

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    keys? I'm rooted with unrevoked using clockwork recovery and a stock ota rom. my 4g works fine.
                    Clockwork doesn't backup your wimax.img only Amon RA will backup the keys plenty of people loosing the 4g. Search RSA over at xda developers

Comment

I guess I don't understand how rooting makes you lose them. I'm rooted and haven't lost anything.
                      01 Turbo Miata
                      96 4x4 Suburban

Comment

Originally posted by habs4me View Post
                        Clockwork doesn't backup your wimax.img only Amon RA will backup the keys plenty of people loosing the 4g. Search RSA over at xda developers
                        Rooting won't remove any files dealing with the 4g, it will just allow superuser permissions.

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                        I guess I don't understand how rooting makes you lose them. I'm rooted and haven't lost anything.
                        It won't, but if you do change to a different ROM and want to keep your settings, I'd definitely use the app he's talking about or you could very likely lose your info. Look into Titanium backup as well, and make sure you save to the external sd card if possible.

Comment

Working...
                        X