Best place for bullets 223

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place for bullets 223

Like the title states. Most of us here either reload this or will. It would be good to have a post on who Has the best price on primers and bullets. Or the best sites with good deals/shipping.

Also favorite primers and why. The little reloading ive done was all with cci primers.

Btw if you cant tell just put a order in for a lee classic turret

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
    Like the title states. Most of us here either reload this or will. It would be good to have a post on who Has the best price on primers and bullets. Or the best sites with good deals/shipping.

Also favorite primers and why. The little reloading ive done was all with cci primers.

Btw if you cant tell just put a order in for a lee classic turret
    I load using CCI primers, however in a Dillon press, they tend to be less uniform, and sometimes they jam progressives. I've had okay luck with them. Cheapest place to buy primers in DFW is at Alpine, they charge 24.95 for small rifle primers per 1000. Cabela's is on sale for 29.99/1000 right now. As for bullets, the sky is the limit. I primarily load 75-90gr .223, which is not going to be what most people load. I prefer to buy bullets in large quantities from individuals. There is a great sale right now at wideners on M193 projectiles - 1000 for $82.00 - that's a good deal:
    Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply has ammo and reloading supplies for sale at cheap prices. Find out why we're the best deal on the web today!

Or even better a pack of 5000 LC M193 projectiles is $380, that's $76.00/1000.

But, keep in mind, you're going to need about 4lbs of powder to load 1000rds of M193.

The cheapest load I've been able to put together right now is what I'm about to pull the trigger on.

(5000) 55GR FMJBT M193 PROJECTILES........$380.00
    (16lb) Swiss Precision Powder.....................$220.00+25.00 hazmat fee.
    (5000) CCI small rifle primers......................$124.75
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    5000 M193 5.56mm rounds.........................$749.75

That's $150/1000rds, or for you store buyers - $3.00 a box of 20.
    Last edited by CJ; 12-02-2010, 11:12 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

bulk .224 cal bullets are cheap at gun shows.

CCI have harder cup and you need to smack em harder with firing pin. But that is not necessarily a bad thing. I use Federal or Remington for a lot of things, but CCI is more common on shelf. I like WLP for pistols.

Comment

Working...
      X