Desert Eagleness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Eagleness

Went shooting with Alex last weekend. We had a great time. Here are some of the highlights.

Alex showing the proper Desert Eagle shooting stance. Grip for dear life, close eyes, allow gun to shoot small aircraft.

Stuff I learned:

The Desert Eagle .50AE really kicks a lot harder than I expected. As a matter of fact, it bothered me more than a .500 S&W. I think it's the added/slight delay of the slide impact that makes me feel it more in my wrist. High caliber revolvers don't bother me as much as this thing. One handing it was flat out uncomfortable. So I conclude the matrix was bullshit.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Pretty cool. And I always wondered about the DE .50's. Good to know though. And pretty cool pics man.
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

LMFAO, that's about how I pictured him based on his posts!

.50 AE is fun. Not like "I'm going to shoot more than a box" fun, but still fun.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
        LMFAO, that's about how I pictured him based on his posts!

.50 AE is fun. Not like "I'm going to shoot more than a box" fun, but still fun.
        One of my first times trying to figure out how to absorb the recoil I apparently limp wristed it and it didn't lock back into battery. When you squeeze the trigger you look like a fool no matter how hard you're holding it.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The Desert Eagle is an absolute beast, but very fun to shoot! I still say that Adam's (Threefingerpete's) .454 Casull revolver is the hardest kicking handgun I have ever shot, but the Desert Eagle is no joke. Just look at how my wrist is contorted on that shot! The .500 S&W at the GTG that David brought definitely kicked like a mule, but the Desert Eagle has no muzzle brake to help the shooter, and no rubber grip either. I bet that with a nice hogue grip the gun would be more manageable.

You know you have a kick-ass handgun when it comes with a form like this-

But yeah, here are a few videos we took-

Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Also some things that people may not know about the Desert Eagle-

The desert Eagle has 6 recoil springs. Yes, that is right.... six fucking recoil springs. There are two guide rods under the barrel, each with two internal recoil springs and 2 sets of outer recoil springs. The slide is incredibly hard to draw back as a result.

The gun is not recoil operated like pretty much every other pistol ever made since the beginning of time. There is a gas piston attached to the recoil spring assembly that works much like an AK; the slide is drawn back by a long stroke gas piston operating system. when gas enters the gas port on the barrel, the slide is forced back which in turn unlocks the bolt.

The bolt resembles an AR15 bolt in that it locks into the barrel and rotates into locking lugs to seal the breech. This pistol, functionally, is more of a rifle than a pistol.

The barrel can be changed in seconds by flipping a small switch. Because of this you can install a long barrel or do a caliber change in seconds. The 44 magnum bolt and the .50ae bolt are the same, so all you need to go from .50 to .44 is change the barrel! You can also get a .357 barrel or a .41 barrel if you want. I plan on getting a 10 inch .44 barrel and putting a scope on it so I can deer hunt with it in Ohio (in Ohio you can not use a rifle for deer, only a pistol or shotgun with slugs).

Here is the gun with a 10 inch barrel-

I foresee this gun killing a deer.... muahahaha.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Yea, Adams .454 kicks like a fucking mule! I shot 2 or 3 rounds through it and that was enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                Yea, Adams .454 kicks like a fucking mule! I shot 2 or 3 rounds through it and that was enough.
                Good lord. Those are light factory loads!

Comment

You can call red jacket and get a bad ass stock for a deagle.

Comment

Looks like a fun time guys. Alex, you sound like a radio anchor.
                    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                    Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                      You can call red jacket and get a bad ass stock for a deagle.
                      They invented that. It had never been done before.

The Desert Eagle, not the stock.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        They invented that. It had never been done before.

The Desert Eagle, not the stock.
                        What had never been done before?
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Red Jacket invented the Desert Eagle. They also invented the master key, and shotgun suppressor.

Comment

It was a game changer.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                              It was a game changer.
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X