• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• road bike tires

what are you guys using? heavy guys?
    looking at the gatorskins front-700x23
    rear- 700x25

I just put on a set of Specialized All-Condition Elite's in a 23C, and did a triathlon with them Sunday. If money is no object, the upper end Continental's are hard to beat, but for the money ($70), I'm really pleased.

I'm 205lbs, which is considered "heavy", and they were still recommended, and rightfully so. Well worth the money.

Comment

Continental GP4000.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        I'm 205lbs, which is considered "heavy", and they were still recommended, and rightfully so. Well worth the money.
        Holy Fack! Really?! I weigh 260lbs. I bet I'm probably considered a super fat ass! That's why I ride a cyclocross bike and not a traditional road bike. I'd tear that sum bitch up no doubt.

Comment

im 253 right now, the bike has forte gt2 700x25, not sure how old, rode a few times and did a duathlon this past saturday with no problems. I was looking at the specialized armadillo but read reviews saying the conti gators were just as good. mainly concerned with debris I see on the roads Ive been riding on

Comment

Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
            Holy Fack! Really?! I weigh 260lbs. I bet I'm probably considered a super fat ass! That's why I ride a cyclocross bike and not a traditional road bike. I'd tear that sum bitch up no doubt.
            do you have any problems wearing out rims/spokes?
            at least us big boys got power, I caught up with a group and passed them powering up the hills then high geared with my weight down the hills, left them behind quite a bit. (although they almost caught up with me on the second run)

Comment

Originally posted by jfrog View Post
              im 253 right now, the bike has forte gt2 700x25, not sure how old, rode a few times and did a duathlon this past saturday with no problems. I was looking at the specialized armadillo but read reviews saying the conti gators were just as good. mainly concerned with debris I see on the roads Ive been riding on
              Is there another duathlon coming up? Hell, I'll do it with you. I just did a tri and I have another one the 30th. Where's the race-site so we can see your times?

Comment

the running group was trying out new software so we did one for free along with the Waco Tri club. The results are to be posted on the Waco striders web site but I havent seen them yet. think I remember my overall was 1:46.
                it was a 2.3-10-2.8 bike route had some hills and the last run had a BIG hill.
                The next one here is the saturday after Thanksgiving, http://wacostriders.com/calendar/default.html
                this is the link to the calendar

Comment

I'm not far from Waco at all. There are no more tri's after 10/30, so I'm looking for some things to do afterwards. I will check it out.

That "Poultry in Motion" might be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by jfrog View Post
                    do you have any problems wearing out rims/spokes?
                    Yes I do. On my mountain bike. I was truing the old set of wheels over and over. I finally sprung for a good set of wheels and have had little to no issues since. Now I barely bought my cross bike in September so I don't know if I'll have problems or not.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
                      Yes I do. On my mountain bike. I was truing the old set of wheels over and over. I finally sprung for a good set of wheels and have had little to no issues since. Now I barely bought my cross bike in September so I don't know if I'll have problems or not.
                      Mountain bikes take a lot more pounding than road bikes do, especially with a big guy. I raced mountain bikes in the "sport class" years ago, and I was replacing parts and truing wheels really often. You can't be "gentle" and fast in that sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Continental GP4000.
                        check and check. These tires a light, durable and last forever.

Comment

Working...
                        X