Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need to locate failed heating elements in electric heater...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to locate failed heating elements in electric heater...

So my heater decided to lose some heating elements. At least that's my initial diagnosis since the air that blows out is no where near the temp it usually is. We had this same problem last year and called someone to replace some failed heating elements. I could really save the money this time around so i was wondering if there's an easy way to test to find out which ones are bad. We have an a/c parts supplier in Grand Prairie so I don't think getting the parts will be that hard.

I'll post pics of what it looks like when I remove the panel. I'm not sure what I'm looking at but there's 4 red and 4 black wires, each connected to it's own terminal on another panel.

George G.

I would think that a ohmmeter would suffice - just disconnect the wires and ohm out each element to find the bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
      i would think that a ohmmeter would suffice - just disconnect the wires and ohm out each element to find the bad ones.
      this!

Comment

I am a hvac contractor.

Possible problems.limit switch which is a safty swich on the heat strips,also if u keep burning elements it may be due to air flow.if u dont move enough air over the elements they will over heat and pop.

Comment

thanks for the feedback fellas...turned out it was some burnt wires and these two other solenoid looking parts that failed. Never had any time to mess with it and it was getting cold at the time....so I had to call in a pro.

Comment

Working...
          X