weak ass, not so solid barg. no real story inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weak ass, not so solid barg. no real story inside

I am well aware that it isn't much, but I was pretty happy to hit a goal. I started lifting again in the middle of June after the CFA, and bench pressed 300 lbs today. My goal was to hit it before my kid gets here next month, and free time to workout is definitely at a premium with my work schedule. Haven't benched 300 in a few years ... nothing else, just stoked to do it.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Awesome, congrats on achieving your goal.
    Have you made any other goals yet?

Comment

Congrats! You touched your chest right?!

Comment

sweet! going to try for 315?

Comment

Nothing wrong with that goal, that's great. Congrats

Comment

Thanks guys. Other goals ... well some coworkers and I ran across this old "10 rules to measure fitness" and it included benching 1.5x your weight and running 1.5 miles in 10 minutes (among other things). I can do the others, so I need to do 320 lb bench to hit that and am running 1.5 miles in 11:15 right now. Not really "goals" in my mind, but I'm trying to get to both those numbers eventually.
            At 6'2'' 215, I'd like to lose 5-10 lbs but not crucial...most of my real goals are career related.

Yes, ruffdaddy, I touched my chest... I've lifted quite a bit in my day (played 8 years of football including a year at the college level). Just haven't lifted with any sort of conviction in a few years! Thx again for the kind words.
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Pretty awesome targets. What are the other 8 numbers? I want to see how I measure up!

Oh and congrats on the kid too...didn't know you were expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Pretty awesome targets. What are the other 8 numbers? I want to see how I measure up!

Oh and congrats on the kid too...didn't know you were expecting.
                Thanks man, the wife is 8 months along (going on 9)!

It's Men's Health if I remember correctly. Just some goofy thing we were wondering if we could hit. Not "serious" goals, like I said, just trying to knock most of them out for the hell of it.

I know "touch your toes", "leg press 2.5x your weight", "do a 300 yard shuttle run (50 yards 6 times) in 60 seconds", "vertical leap over 26 inches", "toss a basketball from your knees 75 feet", "waist, hip measurements", "swim X laps in X minutes" were some of them.

Comment

Don't ever think you are a "weakass" for benching 300lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    Don't ever think you are a "weakass" for benching 300lbs.
                    Thanks man, it was halfway "tongue-in-cheek" given the record holders we have here. I will keep working and progressing.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Thanks man, it was halfway "tongue-in-cheek" given the record holders we have here. I will keep working and progressing.
                      Maybe a handful in this forum can bench over 300. You are doing just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        I am well aware that it isn't much, but I was pretty happy to hit a goal. I started lifting again in the middle of June after the CFA, and bench pressed 300 lbs today. My goal was to hit it before my kid gets here next month, and free time to workout is definitely at a premium with my work schedule. Haven't benched 300 in a few years ... nothing else, just stoked to do it.
                        300 is not shabby in any way. I had to explain that to a guy one time that benched 405, he told me that my 295 was "nothing". Of course I was doing sets of 5, but he insisted that 295 was no weight at all. So, I told him to add 295 to the 405 he was benching since it was "nothing". That got my point across.

Maybe a handful in this forum can bench over 300. You are doing just fine.
                        The older I get the less I try to max out. One injury can sideline an old fukker like me for a long time, besides I don't want to be put on light duty.

The heaviest I bench now is 275 for reps. I have reverse gripped 315 for two, but that was just to see if I could. I was probably stupid for trying it.

For some reason flat bench has always been a weak point for me. Even when I was going heavy, 365 was my max bench without a suit, wraps, ammonia, etc....

Comment

I'm just happy to show up at the gym at least four days a week. Anymore I go in with the "I lift things up and put them down." compound exercise mentality and it works fine for me.

Comment

I'm just happy to show up at the gym at least four days a week. Anymore I go in with the "I lift things up and put them down." compound exercise mentality and it works fine for me.
                            And to look at the smokin' hot tail. There are some fine ass women in there.

Comment

Working...
                            X