Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• second thoughts,

i had my mind set on a rem 700 308, tac

BUT. the lack of 500 yard rifle ranges. near dallas. has me thinking about an AR 223
    optic ready, SO my budget is $600-800 now or used. any suggestions? i'll be ready to purchase, by dec 15'th "christmas bonus check" LOL and if anyone has one for sale "none stolen" send me a PM thanks
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

def check gunbroker.com
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

just checked it out. can't find what i want.
      next off day i get. ima check out the armery in mesquite and b&s

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Why not a Savage precision carbine, in .308? Also, you can do a lot of prep work at 100 & 200yds for further distances. In point of fact, you need to do that prep work before you shoot further. Also, there are several public ranges that are 1000yds within 2hrs of the metroplex.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I've got both. I would suggest the two as a nice combo for anyone. Just get one and then work towards the other (whichever is available at your price first).

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Why not a Savage precision carbine, in .308? Also, you can do a lot of prep work at 100 & 200yds for further distances. In point of fact, you need to do that prep work before you shoot further. Also, there are several public ranges that are 1000yds within 2hrs of the metroplex.
            savage 10 is a nice gun. just don't want to fork out that much cash. granted, i'll only be saving $200, with the REM but i can put that towards a scope.

as far gun ranges go, i plan on shooing at least once a month. i hate long drives,
            good point about the prep work though, was thinking about Gibson Outpost but my friends say those old people. that own the place. are mean as hell any truth to this?

checked out www.budsgunshop.com
            found a nice Armalite flat top for $800, bushmaster was $769 also found a Doublestar $659, i've never heard of Doublestar, has anyone ever owned one good/bad?
            Last edited by soap; 12-04-2010, 02:37 PM.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Buddy has a doublestar he purchased from buds and he's had no complaints. Best deal going for a budget AR complete.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                savage 10 is a nice gun. just don't want to fork out that much cash. granted, i'll only be saving $200, with the REM but i can put that towards a scope.

as far gun ranges go, i plan on shooing at least once a month. i hate long drives,
                good point about the prep work though, was thinking about Gibson Outpost but my friends say those old people. that own the place. are mean as hell any truth to this?

checked out www.budsgunshop.com
                found a nice Armalite flat top for $800, bushmaster was $769 also found a Doublestar $659, i've never heard of Doublestar, has anyone ever owned one good/bad?
                The people that run Gibson's suck dick like it's an olympic event. I don't ever want to go back there. Apparently, if their son is there, he's even worse.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

The people that run Gibson's suck dick like it's an olympic event. I don't ever want to go back there. Apparently, if their son is there, he's even worse.
                  Derections?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    Derections?
                    Some gum action from that old lady. Lol

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I wanted to bring this old thread up, I've heard multiple people here complain and the reviews on-line indicate the same.

I was just there Saturday and spent nearly 6 hours out there with my AR, G19, and a 22LR AR, just shooting away, moving from one line to another and a fair amount of interaction with the staff. Zero problems. I mean, easier to deal with then the Garland Public range.

The old man and old lady were alright in my book, and (this is where maybe I got off lucky) the kid just ran up and down the range making sure chambers were cleared and such.

To be honest I've not had that good of a time at a range in a long time. They did not even get cranky when I semi-rapid fired (probably once every .5 to a full second).

Only problems I had were once my friend was yelling, "Hey, point that somewhere else" and I turned and some HS girl had a octagon barrel pointed right at my head (then her and her brother proceeded to argue that it was not loaded until their NRA guardian put them in place). Then someone leaving the range did not have chamber open and was pointing their weapon all over the place.

Otherwise, it was a good time. My buddy who checked it out twice before me said it always goes that way for him?

I mean, I'm not trying to talk anyone into going again. Just saying if you want to use that range it maybe worth trying. The more negative attention they get the better for me - cause then there are more open lanes and such.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Ive never had issues at Gibsons.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                          Ive never had issues at Gibsons.
                          Every other person has.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've got a Remington 700 and an AR, I started with the AR too.

I would really suggest buying the parts and assembling one yourself. It is easy and will save you a little money over buying one already assembled. Lots of info on here and AR15.com about assembling them yourself. Tons of people on here willing to explain things.

If you aren't interested in building I've got an AR I am looking to sell. It is brand new Spikes Tactical lower reciever with a Del-Ton Rifle kit. Flat top upper receiver, heavy barrel, 6 position stock, looking to get $660 for it. If you are interested PM me, if not good luck.

Edit - Old thread owns me
                            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                            -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              Every other person has.
                              My buddies and I must be super nice people then.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X