Greenburg Smoked Turkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenburg Smoked Turkeys

Co-worker here swears by them, said they offer the best smoked turkey he's ever had. He further explained that you can cook them but they're better served thawed out. Anyone here had one? Brent, your thoughts?

This is the only picture I could find.

Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

My family usually gets one, and they are fucking awesome. Great sandwich material for a few days after thanksgiving as well.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Best smoked turkey ever. They have built quite an empire.

It's still turkey though, and it's smoked, so it's a little dry. But you'll get that with any smoked turkey. Just another reason I prefer the triple smoked hams from the Church we get them from.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

All my life- they are from Tyler where I grew up. I order one every year- excellent IMO

Comment

I've had two given to me. Both were too smokey for my taste and a bit dry.

Comment

Looks good, but I'm not sure I could get away from the Fried turkey with jalapeno butter injection we've been doing the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
              Looks good, but I'm not sure I could get away from the Fried turkey with jalapeno butter injection we've been doing the past few years.
              Jalapeno butter you say??? Might have to try that.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                jalapeno injection is where its at.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  Best smoked turkey ever. They have built quite an empire.

It's still turkey though, and it's smoked, so it's a little dry. But you'll get that with any smoked turkey. Just another reason I prefer the triple smoked hams from the Church we get them from.
                  I'll disagree, it doesn't have to be dry. I've never had any issues with my turkeys drying out, even on prolonged smokes. Last year I did a 24 pound bird, which as you know from being a big smoker takes about 16 hours. Even the outer most meat was tender and juicy.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    Jalapeno butter you say??? Might have to try that.
                    Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
                    jalapeno injection is where its at.
                    Inject it with this

Season with this

Makes for a damn good turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                      I'll disagree, it doesn't have to be dry. I've never had any issues with my turkeys drying out, even on prolonged smokes. Last year I did a 24 pound bird, which as you know from being a big smoker takes about 16 hours. Even the outer most meat was tender and juicy.
                      Greenberg does things very differently. It's a loooooooong smoke. I saw a deal on Travel Channel on them many years ago, and I want to say their smokes last several days. They are black as can be when finished. They also don't inject them, that I'm aware of.

I haven't had an issue with mine drying out, but I've only done breasts (my smoker won't fit a full turkey), and haven't gone over about 7 hours yet.

Turkey is naturally dry. Just like chicken. It's not Greenberg's fault, per se. But it is what it is. I don't do a whole lot of turkey, smoked or otherwise. I do chicken because it pleases the masses, but poultry (cooked any way) is too dry for my liking. Even with chicken I prefer dark meat because of the added moisture. Pretty much the only way I like turkey, is fried, because of how it locks in the moisture and steams within itself. Or cooked in a combi, which nobody cooking at home has access to.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                      X