• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help wiring subs...

this shit is giving me a headache...

Amp: Rockford P8004
    Subs: 2 x Kicker 07CVR12

Amp is running subs only... Is this the correct way to wire these subs?

Rockford says:

Does that go to the rear channel or front channel? If I use only one channel, am I still getting all the power for those 2 subs?

Crutchfield says:

And then once everything is connected, is there a way to test with a multimeter so I don't fry a bunch of shit or make sure I'm getting the power I'm supposed to going to the subs?

Comment

The pics you posted show two different ohm loads per voice coil. You must know EXACTLY what woofer you have to determine how to wire them. You must also know what ohm load the amp can drive. Yes, you can use a meter to test the ohm load before turning it on.

Why the F did you buy a 4 channel amp for bass?
      Since you have dual 2 ohm subs, follow crutchfield's diagram.
      Last edited by EW; 11-03-2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
        The pics you posted show two different ohm loads per voice coil. You must know EXACTLY what woofer you have to determine how to wire them. You must also know what ohm load the amp can drive. Yes, you can use a meter to test the ohm load before turning it on.

Why the F did you buy a 4 channel amp for bass?
        Since you have dual 2 ohm subs, follow crutchfield's diagram.
        I didn't buy it for this, it was used in a system I had 2 trucks ago, just figured I'd use it to run the subs in this one for now. I'm not sure if I'll ever amp the door speakers, but if I do, I'll get another amp for the subs... any recommendations for those two subs?

It was either use the p8004 or sell it and buy a mono amp...

Comment

sell it and buy a 1 ohm stable mono amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
            sell it and buy a 1 ohm stable mono amp.
            Why? He can not get a one ohm mono load with the subs he has. The lowest ohm load he can get is 1/2ohm mono. A one ohm stable amp will not like it -OR- he could wire it 2 ohm mono and the one ohm mono amp would not give you full output. There are amps out there like the Slash and HD series JL Audio that have the same power output from 1.5-4 ohm so there is no advantage to running super low ohm loads AND the amp has a higher damping factor at a higher ohm load which means better control over the cone motion of the woofer which means better sound. Most modern mono amps will run 2 ohm mono all day so any quality mono amp that produces maximum RMS power at 2 ohm mono will be a good choice.

Comment

EW dropped the tech hammer. I fuckin love it.

Comment

Working...
              X