2003 Cobra CD player won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Cobra CD player won't work

I just bought a 2003 Cobra and the radio works fine, but the CD player won't work. It shows 3 discs on the screen, but will not eject or play them. I tried to put one of my CDs in and it won't take it. Any help or do I just need to buy a new head unit.

CN

Yup, my 03 cobra 6 disc would eat CDs and not give them back. They're crap. Either let the dealer fix it or go aftermarket.

Comment

buddy had the same problem with his 03, player would take them and not give them back

Comment

Had the same problem every once in awhile in my 01, Craig. They can be touchy. You might need to take it apart and clean it. I had to fish out CDs with the ear curve of my sunglasses a few times.

Comment

Cousin of mine had the same prob with his 03 GT.....we unhooked the battery waited bout 5 min to reconnect....they ejected right out....then he went aftermarket.....
          Big Rooster Racing
          85' Coupe
          sigpic

Comment

I had the same issue in my 04 GT. I got it replaced just before the warranty ended, sold the new factory piece and bought an aftermarket head unit.

Comment

Originally posted by carbd89sleeper View Post
              Cousin of mine had the same prob with his 03 GT.....we unhooked the battery waited bout 5 min to reconnect....they ejected right out....then he went aftermarket.....
              Yea I did the same thing, disconnected the neg, waited and they came right out. Then I got ballsy and started using it again, and have used it for over a year with no problem. (now that i said this I probably jinxed myself)

Comment

yup this was a common problem with the cd players in mustangs.

Tesla Service Technician.

Comment

Working...
                X