Coho Salmon from Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coho Salmon from Alaska

A buddy brought me a slab back from a fishing trip, skin is still on. Any tips for cooking this lovely piece of fish. Ketchup or no?

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
    A buddy brought me a slab back from a fishing trip, skin is still on. Any tips for cooking this lovely piece of fish. Ketchup or no?
    If you're going to go all gourmet style and shit with the catsup, you better make fucking sure you go with Hunt's. None of that Heinz shit, or Heavens to Betsy, store brand.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

cut into strips, batter, and fry like fish stick!

You like fish sticks?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        cut into strips, batter, and fry like fish stick!

You like fish sticks?
        I like fish sticks!

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
          I like fish sticks!
          oh so you're a gay fish!

Comment

oh so you're a gay fish!
            OIooooh you got me good, fucker!!!

One fish two fish red fish fag fish

Comment

Kanye ruins everything.

Comment

LOL @ the responses in here. Geor, what ever happened to your fish stick thread?

Jimmy - You can do all kinds of stuff with salmon. Soak a cedar plank in water overnight, then place salmon skin side down on the plank. Season with salt, pepper, and dill. Toss on a hot grill.

A good low/no sodium blackening seasoning, and grill it. Don't forget to coat both sides with oil prior to seasoning.

If you have a smoker, get some coals hot. Doesn't need to be too hot. Around 200 degrees is ok. Soak pistachio shells overnight in water. Toss them on the coals when hot. Season the fish with some salt and pepper, and whatever you see fit, really.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I went with the basics last night and coated it with olive oil and a little fresh cracked pepper and sea salt. Grilled it over direct/medium heat for 5 minutes a side and it was one of the best pieces of fish I've ever had. Very fresh, moist, clean finishing. When I opened it, I seriously considered trying a piece raw.

Comment

If you want to get fancy next time, slather it with some A1. If it works on steak, it'll work on anything.

Comment

I deleted my fish stick thread. It didn't get the responses I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                        I deleted my fish stick thread. It didn't get the responses I was looking for.
                        that you're a gay fish?

Comment

that you're a gay fish?
                          Yesterday semi-funny. Today dumb.

Comment

Leah has a great marinade recipe we use for grilling salmon and it has ruined me for all others.

But I grill it the same as you, roughly 5 minutes per side depending on the thickness, starting with the skin side.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              Leah has a great marinade recipe we use for grilling salmon and it has ruined me for all others.

But I grill it the same as you, roughly 5 minutes per side depending on the thickness, starting with the skin side.
                              Two thumbs down! Marinade will ruin a good salmon. It's like marinating a prime cut steak. Makes no sense, and you lose the natural taste. With GOOD salmon like a Coho, Copper River, or just a high grade reef net salmon (deep, dark red) you should subscribe to the KISS theory. Don't season too much, and use fresh herbs when possible.

Now, if you're using a crappy washed out pink salmon, by all means, marinate it. You have to for that nasty shit to be edible. Lol
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X