Ackley Improved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ackley Improved

Thought ya'll might like this the stages of forming brass.

Original parent case, slightly formed and fully formed with 40 degree shoulder.

"It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

What is the parent case?
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those
    who vote for a living."

Comment

30-06 me thinks

Comment

Originally posted by dmdakota View Post
        what is the parent case?

Comment

7mm-08

Comment

I have been wanting to try a 7mm for some time now. I know the ballistics are very good and can buck wind like crazy. What kind of speeds are you getting and what weight bullet?
            "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those
            who vote for a living."

Comment

Gunsmith recommended load was pushing a 120gr bullet at 3400fps but showed a lil pressure during the middle of summer so I bumped it down to 3300fps.I haven't had s whole lot of time for much other load development since hunting season started but I have some 162gr Amax's waiting to try then hopefully before next season I can get a load for Accubonds worked up as well.

Comment

what powder are you using? maybe switch to a not so temp sensitive one. The amax's are a very good bullet great bc.
                who vote for a living."

Comment

Varget right now but have some IMR 4350 to try out as well. Varget is usually pretty good as far as temp sensativity but it was 115 on some days when I was shooting this summer so it might be on the extreme but I'd prefer not to worry about it.

Comment

4350 tends to behave the same as varget in the heat. I run varget in my .308 and 4350 in the .260
                    who vote for a living."

Comment

That's been my experiance as well, I kinda figure a lot of it was extreme high summer temps this year. Also not sure if it matters but the spike was during the second stage of forming so the fully formed cases will have just a slight amount more capacity.

Comment

with extreme temps ie. 105f I generally pick up around 75-85 fps and pressure is up for sure.
                        who vote for a living."

Comment

I agree thats why I backed off just a little that way I can safely shoot year round.

Comment

Working...
                          X