Cool old school race...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool old school race...

I pulled up to a 68-69 Charger R/T ( I think that was the year zone, don't know my dodges) at a red light. We were coming back from the House of Hot Rods Car show. Guy was driving with maybe his son or grand son.(around 12 years old) Just for the record we just did a short burst and did not even get all the way up to the speed limit. The light changed , we both rolled half way through the intersection and then he nails it. So I do the same. Caught him , passed him and put 2 cars on him and shut down before we got above 60 mph. He had a really nice car. Outside of that I know nothing about it. I am sure it was more than likely stock due to the results.

I gave him a wave and a thumbs up. I don't think he was happy with the results. He never waved back. I guess I should have let him win with the boy in the car in hindsight.

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
    I pulled up to a 68-69 Charger R/T ( I think that was the year zone, don't know my dodges) at a red light. We were coming back from the House of Hot Rods Car show. Guy was driving with maybe his son or grand son.(around 12 years old) Just for the record we just did a short burst and did not even get all the way up to the speed limit. The light changed , we both rolled half way through the intersection and then he nails it. So I do the same. Caught him , passed him and put 2 cars on him and shut down before we got above 60 mph. He had a really nice car. Outside of that I know nothing about it. I am sure it was more than likely stock due to the results.

I gave him a wave and a thumbs up. I don't think he was happy with the results. He never waved back. I guess I should have let him win with the boy in the car in hindsight.
    You never ever, ever never let any win on purpose for any reason.

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
      You never ever, ever never let any win on purpose for any reason.
      that really depends on where your $'s are

Comment

I raced my cousins charger a while back. Back in the day it was the fastest car in town and now it has trouble with a high 12 second coupe on motor. lol

If it is racing it is here. From RC Cars all the way to full scale dirt cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Coupe View Post
          I raced my cousins charger a while back. Back in the day it was the fastest car in town and now it has trouble with a high 12 second coupe on motor. lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/chadwad1...31/97fLkTO9f2Y
          lol @ the message left at the end of the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Coupe View Post

http://www.youtube.com/user/chadwad1...31/97fLkTO9f2Y
            That phone call was funny as hell. But he has a very nice car. Some people live in the old school era when they own an old car. I know there are plenty of 302's out there that can wipe the street with me. Now days if you aren't running 500 plus rwhp, your really not doing any thing.

Comment

That phone call was funny as hell. But he has a very nice car. Some people live in the old school era when they own an old car. I know there are plenty of 302's out there that can wipe the street with me. Now days if you aren't running 500 plus rwhp, your really not doing any thing.
              The guy that called wasn't the owner he just like old muscle. He bought that charger back in the 90's and drove all through high school. And true that on the 500rwhp thing. He has an 04 cobra that made 700rwhp and makes that charger feel like a honda civic.

Comment

I was talking to my brother one night about his old Firebird back when he was younger. He is 9 years older than me, so I was about 8 or 9 when he had it... '67 350/powerglide, cam and maybe some headwork. I remember thinking it was an absolute beast. He used to whip everyone back then at his highschool and after graduating. We got to talking about if he had ever ran it at the track and he said he remembered it running a 12 something.... He almost fell out of his chair when I showed him the timeslip on my turbo car. Times have definitely changed.....

Comment

I get alot of older guys stopping by the shop all the time. They always want to know how much power the cars make. They think I am lying to them all the time. LOL

Just image what its going to be like when were 50-60 years old. 8 Sec, street cars will be slow. ProMods and outlaws will have restrictions like fuel cars, but we are already real close to that.
                  JamesB Chassis is looking for a fabricator/general shop help, call or PM for info.

Comment

The older we get, the better we were. It's the same way with the old "muscle cars". I lived it and owned too many. Big block CJ Fords, LS5 454's, and some fairly nasty small block stuff from Chevy and Ford. NOT A ONE would outrun a stock new Corvette or Mustang GT. Cars now are so much better, it's not even close. Weekly tune-ups, solid lifter's, and carb adjustments, sucked. Shitty radio's, tires, suspension, gas mileage, A/C (or none), and few creature comforts. I loved every one of them, but without the nostalgia, there's not many advantages.

Comment

My daughters 10th anniversary trans am was the fastest thing on the street.... in 1979. Now it doesn't even register. I say let the classic cars be. The current crop of cars have the advantage of current engineering and technology, and the old cars just cannot compete with that.

But, today you cannot buy a new 1969 camaro, or a 1979 trans am - and barry and i have one of each

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
                        My daughters 10th anniversary trans am was the fastest thing on the street.... in 1979. Now it doesn't even register. I say let the classic cars be. The current crop of cars have the advantage of current engineering and technology, and the old cars just cannot compete with that.

But, today you cannot buy a new 1969 camaro, or a 1979 trans am - and barry and i have one of each
                        Hell Yeah Mike! When did you come up with the Camaro? Post some pics man.

Comment

Hell Yeah Mike! When did you come up with the Camaro? Post some pics man.
                          You have a 79 TA too?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                            You have a 79 TA too?
                            I believe that is the one he bought for his daughter. Work in progress.

Comment

Working...
                            X