Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on this Plasma, anybody have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about pulling the trigger on this Plasma, anybody have one?

Found this on Amazon on sale. $819 instead of $1500

Thinking about pulling the trigger on it as an early Christmas present for myself and a Wii to go with it for the wife. Luckily she's played the Wii on a tv much nicer than the one we have now so it made the tv purchase easy to talk her into.

Thoughts, suggestions?
    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Or possibly this one for a little more money

"You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Panasonic is my preferred brand. I've always had good luck with them and they are one of my favorite companies to deal with, from a service center aspect.

I've got a 50" plasma and have had no problems with it over the last 2 years.

Comment

The "refurbished" stuff scares me. I have 3 plasma's, and all are Samsung, but to each his own.

Comment

I won't buy refurbished.

Comment

I bought the Panasonic P65GT30 a month ago. Very happy with it. Looks great, even in a well lit room. I haven't tried anything 3d related with the tv.

Only real complaint is that I can't access any of the inputs after the tv was mounted. It's a heavy beast and high on a wall.

I haven't found a use for any of the Viera Connect stuff yet. The youtube app only uses a portion of the screen instead of the whole thing. I don't have sound going from my tv to my audio receiver, so I don't use Pandora or Netflix. Probably need a keyboard to really use that stuff. Using the remote as a keypad really sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
              I won't buy refurbished.
              Why not?

Comment

I'm always weary about video games on a plasma. I know they have gotten better, but it is still something I always consider.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                  I'm always weary about video games on a plasma. I know they have gotten better, but it is still something I always consider.
                  I have a plasma that BB is replacing and I am going either LCD or LED due to that exact fact. Along with Samsung Plasmas and the ghosting and the amount of time it seems to take to refresh a burned in image. I mean hell I can have an add or a tv logo on the screen for a few seconds and it will literally take 3-5 minutes to refresh and go away....so annoying!

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                    Why not?
                    I've had way too many problems with refubished items over the years. so I shy away from them unless the deal is just too good to pass up and it won't be a major issue if the item turns out to be crap.

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
                        I have a plasma that BB is replacing and I am going either LCD or LED due to that exact fact. Along with Samsung Plasmas and the ghosting and the amount of time it seems to take to refresh a burned in image. I mean hell I can have an add or a tv logo on the screen for a few seconds and it will literally take 3-5 minutes to refresh and go away....so annoying!
                        I've thought about going LED but the prices are still too high. To my eyes the picture on the plamas are richer and i can buy a better quality for the same money. If I had an extra 500 to throw at the tv it would be a different story.

Comment

I've had a couple of Panasonic Plasma TC series. Rock solid. Excellent picture quality,contrast, and inky deep blacks. And have also been a durable TV brand for me. And my current early-2011 model has virtually no burn in, even after a relatively long pause. And if there is any, it wipes away after about 2-3 minutes of normal play. There is one thing to keep an eye on in the spec pages. Make sure there is anti-glare filter listed. It may be standard on all the newest models, but there is a suck factor in brighter lit rooms on cheaper Plasmas without that feature.
                          Last edited by LS1Goat; 11-20-2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X