Three Sheets BBQ Team - Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Sheets BBQ Team - Test

So bcoop and 32vfromHell came down this weekend to enjoy some BBQ'ing and drinking in the dirty south.

Brent and I decided to try quite a few things on the smoker, so he came down early Friday and we prepped all night Friday night, for a Saturday smoke.

Here's a pic of my first trip to Costco to grab a few things: 11 pounds of chicken thighs, corn, crimini mushrooms, cheese, rolls, spices, and of course BOOZE!

Then here was my second trip to the store, to pick up 5 pounds of chicken wings, 2 bone in turkey breasts, 2 racks of baby back ribs, Jarritos orange soda, Soutside Elgin Jalapeno sausage, sausage, and more spices.

Here's a pic of Brent prepping the wings, and my chick making sausage balls.

Early Saturday morning we decided to put on the ribs, and a few of the appetizers for a test smoke, while we were figuring out how well the smoker would keep heat with cherry and mesquite wood. In the back are lil fatties (bacon wrapped, breakfast sausage stuffed with with sharp cheddar and a piece of fresh jalapeno, then coated in my homemade Dublin Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce), sage sausage and smoked romano cheese stuffed crimini mushroom caps, and Sriracha/Jepper Jack/Hot Sausage Balls, as well as some Southside Jalapeno Sausage links from Elgin, TX.

Same as above, just a close up, three of the crimini mushrooms we tried with my Jarritos Orange Soda and Peanut Butter BBQ sauce.

And a close up of the ribs

About 2-3 hours in on the ribs, we decided to wrap one rack and leave the other unwrapped. The wings in the middle are an asian marinade that Brent came up with, and the ones under the rack are a homemade Caribbean Jerk dry rub I came up with. On the racks are more of the sausage balls, lil fatties, and stuffed mushrooms.

Later in the evening, when the ribs and apps came off we put on more sausage, the chicken thighs, and turkeys. We tried two different rubs on the thighs, and the cupcake pan method as well as just on the open grate. In the back left there are yellow onions, cut "awesome blossom" style, seasoned with Tony Saschere's, stuffed with sharp cheddar, and topped with Wright Brand Bacon.

Comment

I ended up getting pretty drunk on Jameson by the time the ribs came off and the chicken went on. I forgot to get pics of everything done. I'll see if anyone else took any

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Jeebus fisting c. If I ever hit the lotto I get to finance your place long enough for it to turn a profit so after a month just let me eat for free... You guys are food gods.

Comment

Assholes. that all looks good.

And your girlfriend looks likes she is scared to prep the balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              Trying to get back down to stripping weight!
              So much for this idea!

Food looks pretty good, just not for me.

I did eat me 6lbs of somewhat "lean" brisket this weekend though...

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                So much for this idea!

Food looks pretty good, just not for me.

I did eat me 6lbs of somewhat "lean" brisket this weekend though...
                we had about 20 people over for the bbq, most of it is for testing for eventually entering BBQ competitions.

I actually spent more time cooking, and barely got to eat much of it at all, until Sunday as left overs.

Comment

Ship your homie some vacuum packed goodness, in the form of a brisket.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                    Ship your homie some vacuum packed goodness, in the form of a brisket.
                    I'm sure we can work out a deal if you send your homie some fresh reef net salmon on dry ice!
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Damn, Ya'll ninjas did it up !!!!
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                      11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Looks very nice Matt. How where the ribs wrapped compared to the unwrapped?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          Looks very nice Matt. How where the ribs wrapped compared to the unwrapped?
                          I think we were both too wasted to notice the difference. Or too wasted to remember which was which. lmao

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            I think we were both too wasted to notice the difference. Or too wasted to remember which was which. lmao
                            How the hell is that supposed to help you in competition then?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              How the hell is that supposed to help you in competition then?
                              There were plenty of people there that were sober enough to give feedback.

Comment

Working...
                              X