Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Procharger leaking...i know its commmon but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procharger leaking...i know its commmon but....

I changed the oil in the procharger and the car last week. The head unit def did not have 6 oz of oil in it when I drained it. Since then I have a collection of oil drops in the garage. I thought the drain was leaking but cleaned the plug and there is no oil on it. There is a collection of oil directly behind the drain towards the engine-side of the unit. I also think it resembles engine oil more than PC oil. Any help is appreciated for any of you that have had a P1SC unit.
    Last edited by JarHeadTex; 12-05-2010, 10:15 PM.
    sigpic
    '13 GT Boss302 intake, Lethal OR/X, Magnaflow Street catback
    99 Trans Am M6 little Voodoo cam some suspension stuff .....

Is it likely that that scavenge tube from the valve cover to the intake tube is sucking oil from the engine through the SC and leaking down???:
    sigpic
    '13 GT Boss302 intake, Lethal OR/X, Magnaflow Street catback
    99 Trans Am M6 little Voodoo cam some suspension stuff .....

Comment

Originally posted by JarHeadTex View Post
      Is it likely that that scavenge tube from the valve cover to the intake tube is sucking oil from the engine through the SC and leaking down???:
      Not so likely, this would coat the inside of your tubing and collect at any low spots, but shouldn't be any type of external leak since it would also be a boost leak.

I know my F1-A has a little oil seepage from the shaft seal behind the drive pulley. It's not enough to run down and drip, but will create a wet stain on the case after a while. I'd recommend keeping an eye on it and monitor the level of the oil in the blower to see if it's much of a leak.

Comment

Could it be over filled? I don't know anything about superchargers really so I'm talking out of my ass. Knowing how things work, is there some type of vent to let pressure escape that is built up from the oil getting hot and moving around?
        Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
        http://www.titantowing.net
        -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Working...
        X