Union Pacific Hiring Again in Fort Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union Pacific Hiring Again in Fort Worth

Another train crew position open. Hurry and apply while still up. Note: you will make $4,500-$5,000 every two weeks so if you can't handle that then don't apply. Choo-Choo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Originally posted by The King
    I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

From the website.

Pay

"As a newly hired Train Crew employee, you can expect to earn about $40,000 a year. As you advance to Conductor and Locomotive Engineer positions, you can earn up to $75,000 a year. Your actual pay will depend on location and Union-negotiated agreements."

I'm going to apply, as this would be a cool change for me. But if the website is correct, not so interested. I'd be taking a serious pay cut until I advance higher up the ladder (assuming that will happen).

How long does it generally take to move up and make what you stated?
    Ded

Comment

Just looked and it's already closed. That's was quick
      You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
        From the website.

90 days, but that depends on where you hire out at. Different locations have different aggrements. Texas has the 90 day rule, but if you hire out in a different state it could take you as long as 5 years to hit max pay.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
          90 days, but that depends on where you hire out at. Different locations have different aggrements. Texas has the 90 day rule, but if you hire out in a different state it could take you as long as 5 years to hit max pay.
          Ahh, thanks for the heads up. I applied right after that post and it wasn't closed, so...I'll cross my fingers.
          Ded

Comment

Ahh, thanks for the heads up. I applied right after that post and it wasn't closed, so...I'll cross my fingers.
            I applied for the train crew in Adams Wis a ways back. Got invited to a hiring session but decided not to accept. I then applied Oct 6th here in Ft Worth and have been under review since. Both times was a long wait. This one seems a little longer.

Comment

For the first 90 days you make $975 a week. Then on the 91st day you make as much as a person that has been there 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                For the first 90 days you make $975 a week. Then on the 91st day you make as much as a person that has been there 30 years.
                As in you get a large pay bump on the 91st day? Or you just become eligible for overtime

Comment

From the website.

Pay

"As a newly hired Train Crew employee, you can expect to earn about $40,000 a year. As you advance to Conductor and Locomotive Engineer positions, you can earn up to $75,000 a year. Your actual pay will depend on location and Union-negotiated agreements."

I'm going to apply, as this would be a cool change for me. But if the website is correct, not so interested. I'd be taking a serious pay cut until I advance higher up the ladder (assuming that will happen).

I am at $91K right now. Pay is based on area you work and run also. If you are on the road you will make more than someone that wants to work in the yard.
                  I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                    As in you get a large pay bump on the 91st day? Or you just become eligible for overtime

As in after 90 days ur training is done and ur at full pay.

Comment

I went to the hiring session on Wed Nov 16. I applied on Oct 7. They did the hiring sessions on Wed and Thur. There were 22 seats for the Wed session and 11 guys showed up. One guy was waking through the door @ 8am sharp and he literately had the door shut in his face.
                      Out of the 11 guys 2 of them couldnt pass a reading comprehension test and were sent home.
                      Out of 9 guys 4 of us came dressed like we were at an interview. One guy showed up with an untucked t shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes and didnt bring a pen or pencil. Another guy texted the entire hiring session so Im sure that earned him a lot of points.
                      I think they re-posted the train crew spot because they arent going to hire many guys from that session. Im pretty confident that I did well and will get an offer.
                      If anyone on the board applies and gets an invite to a hiring session DO NOT BE LATE! You will personally piss off your future manager. Show up at least 15 minutes early, dress nice (slacks, button up dress shirt), bring everything they tell you to bring, and say yes sir no sir after you are asked any questions.

Comment

I was checking the site daily for the last few weeks and I just happened to not look the last few days. Damnit.

Comment

Originally posted by f0ur sixer View Post
                          I was checking the site daily for the last few weeks and I just happened to not look the last few days. Damnit.
                          It was only up for 2 1/2 hours so dont beat yourself up or anything.

Comment

Working...
                          X