Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough fried turkeys. However what to inject?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough fried turkeys. However what to inject?

I always do one with cajun butter and one with Italian dressing at the min... I have done the light Mexican sauce Tapatios?(not sure) That is good as well... This year I have an extra bird with no injection to try other then the norms.... I have looked around for new ideas with an injection I can make myself.

Anyone have something original they use I might steal or copy?

Along with this, has anyone used the Stubbs marinade before? I saw it last night and contemplated doing one with Tonys and one with Stubbs. But then I thought about how that will affect the oil, so I decided against it.

Comment

I have had 3 successful years of injecting birds with chaucers butter and franks red hot sauce. Very mild outcome with a polite twang.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Comment

Clarify real butter, add Tony's. Their off the shelf "Cajun butter," injection stuff is gross. Stay safe this Thanksgiving y'all.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          Clarify real butter, add Tony's. Their off the shelf "Cajun butter," injection stuff is gross. Stay safe this Thanksgiving y'all.
          I like the Tony's injection stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            Smells disgusting, but doesn't taste anything like what it smells.

As for the OP - What you can inject with is limited by your injector's needle size. You can make up all kinds of stuff. You're only limited by your creativity. Think juices, fresh spices, etc. And it really all depends on what kind of flavor you are going for.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Orange juice and Tabasco. Mmmm!!

Comment

Working...
              X