front speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front speakers

whats good pair of speakers for a reasonable price for my surround sound? I have some very large one that sound great but they just take up too much space. I'm looking for something more bookshelf speaker size
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

For bookshelf:

Polk 30 or 40 Monitor series. Great quality and getting cheaper by the day because they've been replaced by RTi series. Keep an eye out on black Friday weekend.

BIC

NHT

Dayton

JBL

Just off the top of my head, hence you cited reasonably priced in your post.

Comment

I've always been a fan of Klipsch.

Just some examples
      Shopping for Klipsch Bookshelf Speakers? Our Virginia-based experts love helping folks find the right gear. Get FREE 2-day shipping and free lifetime tech support with your order.
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
        For bookshelf:

Polk 30 or 40 Monitor series. Great quality and getting cheaper by the day because they've been replaced by RTi series. Keep an eye out on black Friday weekend.

BIC

NHT

Dayton

JBL

Just off the top of my head, hence you cited reasonably priced in your post.

Thanks. I was kinda eyeing the Polk stuff. I don't mind spending money but I'm just not a huge a/v guy. I want good sound but I'm not anal about it
        07 f250-family truckster
        08 Denali -baby hauler
        52 f1-rust bucket
        05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

just the two front speakers? is this for stereo music only?

what receiver/amp do you have currently?
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Check out some Martin Logans

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
              Check out some Martin Logans

$299 on sale right now.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                just the two front speakers? is this for stereo music only?

what receiver/amp do you have currently?
                yes just the fronts. its used for tv/movies.

i have an old reciever. jvc rx-6020vbk
                07 f250-family truckster
                08 Denali -baby hauler
                52 f1-rust bucket
                05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                  yes just the fronts. its used for tv/movies.

i have an old reciever. jvc rx-6020vbk
                  for tv and movies the center channel is the most important speaker (90% of dialoge comes out of there). I would always match my center with my front speakers but you can always upgrade that down the road.

i think you need to upgrade your receiver. that's a not a high current receiver and it's a bit outdated on features.

as far as speakers, people are naming brands but most of these companies are huge and have 5+ different lines of speakers with hundreds to thousands of dollars difference between them.

polk audio is nice but i am a snob and would only buy their LSi9 bookshelfs (great speaker). polk sells them for $500 on ebay, i've seen them on craigslist at $400ish.

martin logan is a high end name that sells expensive electrostat speakers. they now make cheaper speakers to grab more market share. i havent heard most of non high end stuff to make a true assessment.

klipsch's reference series is a good speaker but you really should listen to them first. they aren't for everyone, the titanium horn tweeters make the very bright.

my last tid-bit of advice:
                  you really get what you pay for.
                  only your ears can tell you what you like.
                  buying used will typically save you a shit ton of money.
                  compact speakers/plastic housings typically arent as good as a well designed wood cabinet.

lastly, i will plug that i have a set of infinity il10 bookshelfs in black onyx finish if you want a set of good bookshelfs for cheap. $125 for the pair. you can find the matching center for $100-150 down the road.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

yeah i know my whole system really needs updating but it all still works with no issues. my only reason for wanting new front is just space. a center channel speaker is coming in the future.

i may wait a bit and just replace it all. i cant complain at getting it all for 200 bucks 6-7 years ago and still working perfect
                    07 f250-family truckster
                    08 Denali -baby hauler
                    52 f1-rust bucket
                    05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Working...
                    X