Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who around the DFW area can dyno a diesel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who around the DFW area can dyno a diesel?

I got a friend that will pay for my dyno plus will give me a 100 bucks. He bet me my truck doesn't make over 500 rwhp and 1100 rwtq. So I need a dyno that can do both for a diesel truck. Thanks
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

I'm pretty sure that Gearheads does... Really, any dyno should do.

Comment

Well I heard some can only do hp reading and not tq and then some doesn't have the program or something like that to do diesels.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

Very few register engine speed. I'm sure Quad's will http://www.quadzillapower.com

Comment

lol, aren't you running Spartan tuning on a 6.4?

dude's about to set $175 on fire! LOL
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            lol, aren't you running Spartan tuning on a 6.4?

dude's about to set $175 on fire! LOL
            Yeah with bigger tunes now. I'm running a 300 tune for DD and then have a 310 race tune whenever I want to take it to a dyno or the track which I don't think the track will ever happen. Plus I just put on a 4 inch down pipe and Cold side piping on the innercooler.

Comment

Id like to see it put down a solid 500hp to the wheels myself, Specially with that innercooler and all...

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
                Id like to see it put down a solid 500hp to the wheels myself, Specially with that innercooler and all...
                I didn't replace the inercooler. Still have the stock one. Just replace the stock piping running from it to the engine. And hell even with out the down pipe and that piping just running the 300 tune it should be around 550 rwhp and 1130 or so rwtq.

There is a guy on powerstroke.org that has 5 inch exhaust, AFE intake and SCT 585 race tune that put down near 580 rwhp and 1500 plus rwtq. I don't understand how he is making so much tq. There had to be something wrong with the dyno put you PM some dyno sheets.

Comment

Here is the thread http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-4...6-4-beans.html

And I'm sorry he made 535 rwhp but still over 1500 rwtq.

As soon as I get my dynoed I will post the sheets and numbers.

Comment

Well hope you get close to your numbers, im lucky if my turd 1st gen makes 250hp on the dyno here in a few weeks lol

Comment

I've seen diesels dynoing at Speedtek in Fort Worth several times.

Comment

Any dyno that has the optical pickup or the EZ RPM module can dyno it.

Comment

Speedtek can do it. Gearheads cannot they don't have the optical pickup

Comment

Thanks guys. Probably will go to speedtek.

Comment

Speedtek has the optical sensor, just call around see who has it.
                              HPP had one too, if theyre still around?

Comment

Working...
                              X