Building an SBR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building an SBR

The next item on my list is a .300 Blackout SBR, using one of the lowers I already have. From my research, I need to have the receiver engraved with the name of my trust and my city and state, and then send in a Form 1, copy of my trust, and the $200 to the ATF. Is there anything else?
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    The next item on my list is a .300 Blackout SBR, using one of the lowers I already have. From my research, I need to have the receiver engraved with the name of my trust and my city and state, and then send in a Form 1, copy of my trust, and the $200 to the ATF. Is there anything else?
    1) purchase lower

2) engrave lower with "NAMEONTRUST TRUST, DALLAS,TX"

3) Submit Form 1 (double sided, not 2 sheets per form) in duplicate (originals, not copies) with copy of Trust in duplicate (copies acceptable) and Schedule A (NOT BLANK) in duplicate (copies acceptable), Form 5330.4 Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) (original), $200 personal check made out to "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives."

4) Mail to BATFE.

5) Wait 30-90 days.

6) Receive back Form 1 with cancelled stamp.

7) Purchase barrel and assemble.
    Last edited by CJ; 11-21-2011, 12:19 AM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Cool, easy game...
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Any recommendations on where to get a receiver engraved?
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
          Any recommendations on where to get a receiver engraved?
          The cheapest/closest place is Identmarking.com

$45 for SBR engraving. They are an SOT, call them up, ship them the receiver UPS, and they will ship it back to you - no special BS required. Their turnaround time is currently 1-2 weeks.

edit: They are in Rockwall... just on the other side of the lake if you want to drop it off.
          Last edited by CJ; 11-22-2011, 03:39 PM.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Any trophy shop

Comment

Any specific location lower must be engraved?

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                Any specific location lower must be engraved?
                It needs to be an unobstructed location. There are very stringent requirements for the depth, and size. Taking it to a trophy shop is kind of a liability imho. If you send it to ident they can engrave the top of the trigger guard, on your receiver... almost invisible to prying eyes.

Last edited by CJ; 11-22-2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  1) purchase lower

2) engrave lower with "NAMEONTRUST TRUST, DALLAS,TX"

3) Submit Form 1 (double sided, not 2 sheets per form) in duplicate (originals, not copies) with copy of Trust in duplicate (copies acceptable) and Schedule A (NOT BLANK) in duplicate (copies acceptable), Form 5330.4 Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) (original), $200 personal check made out to "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives."

4) Mail to BATFE.

5) Wait 30-90 days.

6) Receive back Form 1 with cancelled stamp.

7) Purchase barrel and assemble.
                  I'm sending in the paperwork tonight. Should it be stapled, paperclipped, or unbound?
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I paper clip.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                      I paper clip.
                      same.

Comment

Working...
                      X