Class A CDL, combo, hazmat, tanker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class A CDL, combo, hazmat, tanker

I went and got my CDL on my own and am wondering if anyone knows the best jobs to apply for. I have looked at a lot of the trucking companies and am just wondering if there is anything like a recruiting service that can help someone with no experience, but has the CDL.
    2011 GT, 300A Rapid Spec. 6spd, 3.73 gears. Best 1/8th mile:09/10/2011 8.35@86

I had to go.oilfield since I didn't have prior exp

Comment

There is no company worth working for that's going to give you the keys to a truck loaded with 80.000 lbs of hazmat load with 0 seat time. And one that will you can count on a bunch of HUGE dot fines when you get pulled over. Do you self a favor and get some real training. A few oos tickets and your career is done. Check out csa2010 and what few tickets can affect your license.
      I'm not trying to be a smart ass just don't want you to make a mistake that can cost you in many ways. PM me if you have any questions. I've been doing it for about 10 years now.

Comment

Oilfield

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

That will still get you no credit as driving time OTR. No one will take that as experience. It dont take much skill to run around backroads and fields.
          But if your just wanting a job thats your best bet.
          Oil field days are getting numbered also, due to csa200 and other crap. Schlumberger has and is doing away with almost all driving duty's and has Schneider pulling there trucks now.
          Last edited by sig239; 12-04-2011, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
            That will still get you no credit as driving time OTR. No one will take that as experience. It dont take much skill to run around backroads and fields.
            Oil field days are getting numbered also, due to csa200 and other crap. Schlumberger has and is doing away with almost all driving duty's and has Schneider pulling there trucks now.
            Every thing SIG239 said is correct. I started out at Schneider they put you thru their school (I-20 in lancaster) it only took 17 days and then 2-weeks with a training engineer on the road and if you stay a year school is free of charge! I was making $450-$550 a week right out of school and that was 10 years ago! It is gonna be very hard to get a driving job with no experience unfortunately for you and fortunate for every one else! You might be able to find a Owner Operator with 2-3 trucks that will give you a chance. OTR life sux if you got a family. I did my year and i was done that was 11 years ago. I am a route supervisor and driver at a trucking company in Irving our insurance company requires us to hire drivers with at least 2-years experience or i would get you a interview and a test drive. wish you the best, good luck.
            Last edited by fordracer2; 12-05-2011, 12:06 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

We sure are building a lot of slumberger trucks.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post

We just ordered 100 sand kings and 100 acid and water tankers

Comment

Oilfield

Yea I'm.currently running acid from houston texas to catarina tx and back every day

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                    We just ordered 100 sand kings and 100 acid and water tankers
                    Tell them to order a few hundred Petes to pull them.
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

But they ant driving them,there farming the driving out of house. They take the trucks from site to site and park them and leave them tell they are done. With csa 2010 a whole lot more company's will be doing the same. There is so much bull shit regulations, paper work etc its cheaper to pay some one else.

Comment

But they ant driving them,there farming the driving out of house. They take the trucks from site to site and park them and leave them tell they are done. With csa 2010 a whole lot more company's will be doing the same. There is so much bull shit regulations, paper work etc its cheaper to pay some one else.
                        Got it!
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Tell them to order a few hundred Petes to pull them.
                          I wish we could, but company policy is to run Western Star's only

Comment

do yourself a favor and choose a different job. not as fun as it looks

Comment

hmmm... well, sounds like I might just have a CDL for no reason.
                              2011 GT, 300A Rapid Spec. 6spd, 3.73 gears. Best 1/8th mile:09/10/2011 8.35@86

Comment

Working...
                              X