• Show
Clear All

• focus engine

were can i find one 2.0 2001. cheap if possible

lkq

Comment

sohc or dohc?

Comment

Let me guess... dropped the valve seat... #4 intake. Am I right? I JUST got finished putting my wife's car back together for the same problem & it is common.
        When mine went south, I found used engines with 80+K on them for nearly 2 grand & City motors had a rebuild for $2600, if I remember correctly.
        What I did to save $$$ was build it myself.
        I spent $300.00 on a new (reman) head from Cyliner Heads International, http://www.headsonly.com/ over off of Jefferson.
        I had Arlington Automotive machine to the machine work & purchased most parts from them... The rod bent, which egged the cyl wall, so It had to be bored .020 over. So 4 new Speed-Pro pistons, 1 new connecting rod, machine block & polish crank, engine gasket set, ring & bearing kit & head bolts = $751.00 tax included.
        i assembled it, so it came to about $1200.00 with fluids, etc...

That is probably your cheapest route.

Steve
        Last edited by mustgofaster; 12-06-2010, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mustgofaster View Post
          i assembled it, so it came to about $1200.00 with fluids, etc...

That is probably your cheapest route.

Steve
          I know this isnt your point, but you can buy an 01 focus for $1200

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
            lkq

We have them usually however cheap in this case may be more of a relative term.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
              I know this isnt your point, but you can buy an 01 focus for $1200
              Very true, but it will still be a ticking time-bomb, waiting for the valve seat to drop. The reman head I got has new valve seats that eliminate the problem. But you are right about the cars being a dime-a-dozen.

Comment

depending on what motor it is it can be had anywhere from $450 to $700

Comment

sohc i think it was a rod. my brother car not sure.

Comment

It will be the #4 intake valve seat. It may have popped the rod, but the cause of it all will be the valve seat. That I can gaurantee you. The SOHC engine is famous for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X