Mitsubishi dlp white spot issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsubishi dlp white spot issues

I have had a samsung 50''dlp for 3 years..factory bulb,and no issues at all'

went to conns tonight and almost bought the wd73640 which is the 73'' model..But I have read horror stories of the white spot issue they have after about 2-3 years...Have also read that warranty companies and mitsubishi themselves are horrible to deal with when it comes to this problem...If you google mitsubishi white spots there seem to be ALOT of tvs that have had this issue

anyway, i know there are alot of mits dlp owners on here, has anyone had this problem?

My buddy has that problem on his Mitsu. In fact during the world series we all freaked out when it made it look like the outfielder misses the ball for a split second

Comment

A close friend just had this happen on his Mitsu 65" DLP. It started with a few spots, and almost completely covered his screen within a few weeks. His TV did work fine for 3-4 years before this occured though. He replaced it with a LCD.

Comment

I've got the 65" diamond series, and no issues. Al and Jared have the 73", I know Jared hasn't had any issues. Don't know about Al though.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
          A close friend just had this happen on his Mitsu 65" DLP. It started with a few spots, and almost completely covered his screen within a few weeks. His TV did work fine for 3-4 years before this occured though. He replaced it with a LCD.
          yea, this is what i have read..the tv will go 2-4 years before this happens and it usually starts not long after the first bulb change..I have read that its just a dusty DMD chip/stuck mirrors and that it just needs a light blast of canned PC air and then I read that mitsu just used a cheap DMD that was made in maylasia?

Comment

Yup, his started getting spots like a week after he changed the bulb.

Comment

anyone else? I know alot of yall on here have a mitsu dlp

Thanks

Comment

Shit! First I've heard of this issue. Mine is just over 4 years old. I replaced the bulb a couple of months ago, and it's been like a brand new TV again. Hope it doesn't happen to me!

Comment

My father-in-law had the same issue with a JVC DLP and ended up selling the tv and getting the same 58" Samsung Plasma I got. IMHO I would rather have a diamond series Mitsubishi now then the Damn Samsung!

Comment

My buddy has a 67" mitsu dlp and his has a shit ton of white spots and is about 3 yrs old
                    2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

We have no spots on our 56" Samsung DLP but after 5 years we are ready for our second bulb replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by spederman View Post
                        My buddy has a 67" mitsu dlp and his has a shit ton of white spots and is about 3 yrs old
                        When did they make a 67"?

Comment

Working...
                        X