chicago style pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chicago style pizza

Any good places to check out? Saw some pizza special on the food network awhile back and have been wanting to try out since then

Where are you located? Brooklyns at fire wheel mall is good.
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Yes, but they're in Chicago.:wink1:
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
        really ? I rather go to cici's.
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I tired this place a few years back out in Plano and tried there Chicago Style Pizza. Never had it before so really have nothing to compare it to. It's a very thick and heavy pizza that I had trouble holding it with one hand. I really didn't care for it to much. It was very heavy on the tomato sauce which turned me off. Might give it another try some time but it was a drive for me coming from the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
            really ? I rather go to cici's.
            Seriously. They're over by the AMC, go in and try the meat pie thing that they have.

Also, if you're into anchovies, their's are imported from Portugal. Damned good!
            Last edited by mikec; 12-09-2011, 01:49 PM.
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              It's a very thick and heavy pizza that I had trouble holding it with one hand. I really didn't care for it to much. It was very heavy on the tomato sauce which turned me off.
              Can't speak for Chicago Street specifically, but that's chicago style pizza. Thick, heavy sauce, etc.

Eno's in Bishop Arts District is fantastic, but it's not Traditional Chicago pizza. They call it "Northern Chicago Style". VERY very thin cracker crust.

LOL @ Cici's being better than Brookyln's. That said, Brooklyn's isn't Chicago style.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I can't stand Chicago style pizza, I don't like that wet doughy mess that ends up between the crispy bottom of the crust and the sauce and toppings. It's like the consistency of glue. To me, that's not a pizza, it's a pizza casserole.

Comment

lewisville/flower mound area

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    I can't stand Chicago style pizza, I don't like that wet doughy mess that ends up between the crispy bottom of the crust and the sauce and toppings. It's like the consistency of glue. To me, that's not a pizza, it's a pizza casserole.
                    I hate it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      nail on the head.

Casserole is not pizza.

New York style is the best. theres a place off jupiter and renner thats great.
                      garland/plano area

Comment

Rosati's makes Chicago Style pizzas too if there is one near you. I've never tried one there. The company I work for has a headquarters near Chicago so I get my deep dish on whenever I go there.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

The best I've had here so far is Chicago's in Las Colinas (also a Plano / Custer location)

http://www.chicagosgourmetpizza.com/

I want to try the deep dish at BJs, it looks really good - but I can't comment till I try it.

http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/menus/deep-dish-pizza

And - if you want REAL chicago deep dish, fork over the cash and get it shipped to you straight from the source...

http://www.giordanos.com/shop/

Comment

Celio's > all

Take it from a guy that has spent about a third of my life up there visiting family. My Mom and Dad grew up eating this stuff and Celio's got a seal of approval out of both of them.

Every other "Chicago style" place in DFW falls short.

Comment

after your suggestion i took the family here for lunch today.

the quality was the best i have ever had for the price. customer service was awesome and the pizza was delicious.

We had the brooklyn meat's and ill definately be going back for another soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X