help! ar build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! ar build

in my stock trigger assembly i used the green spring. the upper detatch isnt grabbing. did i use the incorrect spring?
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
    in my stock trigger assembly i used the green spring. the upper detatch isnt grabbing. did i use the incorrect spring?
    I sent you a pm on this, like I said I don't know of a color coded parts kit. The trigger has 2 springs in it. It has a two armed spring which won't fit anywhere else so I don't think that's what your issue issue is. I think you might have put the bolt catch spring in the disconnector spring hole. The way you tell the difference is the disconnector spring that fits inside the top of the trigger has the last coil enlarged, so it's fat on one end. The fat end goes into the trigger so it sticks, and your disconnector fits on top of it.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

use that chart + this video (part 1)
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and part 2:
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I've considered rendering an AR15 in 3d studio max and making a complete video on how to assemble one using a transparent receiver so you can see how it all fits together. I just know that would take me quite a while to model.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Thanks guys. I had assembled it correctly. Guess I just second guessed myself
          07 f250-family truckster
          08 Denali -baby hauler
          52 f1-rust bucket
          05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

And it was the bolt catch spring I thought I had mistaking used in the wrong place
            07 f250-family truckster
            08 Denali -baby hauler
            52 f1-rust bucket
            05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
              And it was the bolt catch spring I thought I had mistaking used in the wrong place
              Very common, the most common mistake if there is one.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                I've considered rendering an AR15 in 3d studio max and making a complete video on how to assemble one using a transparent receiver so you can see how it all fits together. I just know that would take me quite a while to model.
                If you did that, it would be the most gun related viewed video and you could cash in on the views, once it goes viral. No one else has it like that.
                First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
                  If you did that, it would be the most gun related viewed video and you could cash in on the views, once it goes viral. No one else has it like that.
                  Agreed. I know how to build one but that would be cool to see.
                  "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                  -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                  X