Anybody got a solus ultra ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got a solus ultra ?

I've got one to demo for a week and love it no keys and 6 second boot time . I haven't had any hard ass cars in the last couple of days to really test it so I'm looking for input . Whatcha think bout it ?
    The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Had mine now for three months, absolutely love it compared to the earlier model. Although I have found a few glitches with the software that "they" say they are going to fix. If you do pre OBDII you will have to buy an adapter kit $300 extra.

DON

Comment

Mt2500 adapters will work from what they told me , so if you have a brick you're good to go . I really don't want to work on obd1 shitboxes anyways , and I have a genesis and one of the guys I work with has a loaded out modis
      The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Sorry I hit send too early . I'm just tryin to make myself pull the trigger on this . If you don't mind what did you pay and who is your rep ?

Comment

Mine was 4395.00 but they gave me 2900.00 for my older unit. We tried the other adapters but they wouldn't work, the new solus has an extra row of pins on the adapter cable so they make you buy the adapter kit of 350.00 if you work on the shitboxes. Chad Mcfarlane is my rep.

DON

Comment

Monty freedman said he would do $3700 on mine with no euro and no adaptors but we do alot of euro at our shop . I'm still rolling it around if I want euro or not . I'm glad you cleared up the obd1 adaptors deal for me I'd have been pissed to find out after the fact . I have a 2011 OTC nemisys I'm gonna trade in and hope to get $1500 for it . I'm also gonna ask him to carry the new scanner on my truck account to avoid finance charges .

Comment

I didn't realize these thing got that expensive!

However, touch screen even with gloves on and faster processors are pretty sweet.

I've been out of the game too long. I was choking on a Mac tools scanner at $2000 back in the day.

This thing could potentially save you 15 minutes on each car you do. 7-10 minutes being more likely, but that shit adds up in a week.

Kudos to you guys trying to be the best!

Comment

Snapon's flagship scanner is the verdict , it has wifi , a Internet browser 10" screen 2 channel scope Bluetooth obd link and costs 10 grand without any extras like euro coverage, docking station , obd1 cables . Add to this 1200 a year for updates and this shit gets out of control quickly . In our shop we have tech2 ( gm ) ids (ford) star scan ( dodge ) modis , solus, matco determinator , autoboss (euro) . And for programing j2534 drew box . Then we all have a little 49$ code reader for quickie stuff . All in all that's close to 20 grand In diagnostic tools . Yet we still have dumb fucks who get pissed when we won't do a free diag like vatozone .

Comment

Hey dc the update is out to fix the glitches installed it yesterday . Ps I'm buying this thing I love it . Now I'm going to call invisishield (zagg) and order some material for the screen so I can protect that beautiful display .

Comment

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
                    Snapon's flagship scanner is the verdict , it has wifi , a Internet browser 10" screen 2 channel scope Bluetooth obd link and costs 10 grand without any extras like euro coverage, docking station , obd1 cables . Add to this 1200 a year for updates and this shit gets out of control quickly . In our shop we have tech2 ( gm ) ids (ford) star scan ( dodge ) modis , solus, matco determinator , autoboss (euro) . And for programing j2534 drew box . Then we all have a little 49$ code reader for quickie stuff . All in all that's close to 20 grand In diagnostic tools . Yet we still have dumb fucks who get pissed when we won't do a free diag like vatozone .
                    It amazes me when people expect shit for free from an individual that likely dropped coin to go to school then dropped major coin for tools.

<----keeps a $70 scanner on hand for all shit. However, I'm not in the auto industry anymore.

Comment

Hey dc the update is out to fix the glitches installed it yesterday . Ps I'm buying this thing I love it . Now I'm going to call invisishield (zagg) and order some material for the screen so I can protect that beautiful display .
                      My Snapon guy gave me a package of 10 shields about a month after I bought the unit, no charge, talk to your rep this stuff ain't cheap and its not like they can't afford to give a little.

DON

Comment

Snapon's flagship scanner is the verdict , it has wifi , a Internet browser 10&quot; screen 2 channel scope Bluetooth obd link and costs 10 grand without any extras like euro coverage, docking station , obd1 cables . Add to this 1200 a year for updates and this shit gets out of control quickly . In our shop we have tech2 ( gm ) ids (ford) star scan ( dodge ) modis , solus, matco determinator , autoboss (euro) . And for programing j2534 drew box . Then we all have a little 49$ code reader for quickie stuff . All in all that's close to 20 grand In diagnostic tools . Yet we still have dumb fucks who get pissed when we won't do a free diag like vatozone .
                        I almost bought the verdict, he wanted $6500 plus my old unit. To be honest I just could not see paying that much for a scanner when I would never pay for it with my surrounding area will not spend that kind of coin to justify the repairs, I do just fine with the new solus and really haven't more than a couple of units in the last few years that I needed more premium diagnostic equipment to repair. Alot of people thinks the scanner is the same as Autozone does for free, I explain that mine is more about info instead of codes and usually get the job if not they did not really have the money for repair anyways so move on.

DON

Comment

I like the invisashield stuff . It's thick enough to provide a little cushion and never needs to be replaced . It's the same stuff everybody uses on iPhones . It's lifetime warranty against scratches is great and I'm glad to say that I've had my 3 iPhones for two years each and have never had to replace the zagg screen protector on any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by DC COBRA View Post
                            I almost bought the verdict, he wanted $6500 plus my old unit. To be honest I just could not see paying that much for a scanner when I would never pay for it with my surrounding area will not spend that kind of coin to justify the repairs, I do just fine with the new solus and really haven't more than a couple of units in the last few years that I needed more premium diagnostic equipment to repair. Alot of people thinks the scanner is the same as Autozone does for free, I explain that mine is more about info instead of codes and usually get the job if not they did not really have the money for repair anyways so move on.

DON
                            I might be thinking about the verus and not the verdict being 10k . The thing that kills me is roughly 100$ a month if you actually keep it updated every 6 months ! I'm gonna negotiate for a free update when I pay it off (3yrs ) I usually don't let my stuff go further than three years out . When you think about it I wont be doing any diag on 2011's for a couple of years and when the od ball comes in generic will usually be enough and

Comment

Get me by . Dammit I wish they would update tapatalk so the edit function works.

Comment

Working...
                              X