Suspension issue has returned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension issue has returned.

I've been having a front passenger side suspension issue. It sounds like something is loose. The sound is a metal on metal rattling type sound and in very prominent over a rough surface. The car tends to handle very sloppily and follows every crevice in the road. well, I took it to gearheads a couple weeks ago and they put in new ball joints and rack bushings. This fixed the problem for a week or so, and the car was noise free and handled better. but it has gradually come back just as badly as ever. Any ideas?
    2012 GT500

What about the front hubs?

Comment

I've had the same issue with my '02 almost as long as I've had it and I can't figure it out. It comes and goes and was solved for a bit after I installed new shocks and springs, but it's since come back. I'm about to throw new on ball joints and a bumpsteer kit to try and make it go away.

Comment

Do either of you have UPR 3 bolt CC plates?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          i do.
          2012 GT500

Comment

I don't, but they're on the list in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
              i do.
              Like this:

If so that is probably your problem. They have issues with the bearings. Mine started making it inside a year. A friend also had that issue and pointed me to someone at UPR who sent me replacements. Those lasted a little bit longer but started doing it again. I would ditch them.

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              I don't, but they're on the list in the near future.
              I highly recommend you just pony up the cash for Maximum Motorsports 4 bolts. They're a little bit more but are worth the money.

Comment

I second what Chili said. Go with the Maximum caster/camber plates. That's what I am running and I know lots of other guys that punish the suspensions on road courses. Might be more, but worth it. Don't know too much about UPR stuff so I can't bash them too much.

Just my .02 worth

Comment

I highly recommend you just pony up the cash for Maximum Motorsports 4 bolts. They're a little bit more but are worth the money.
                  That's what I was looking at, thanks for the input.

Comment

I have had the same problem. Replaced the bearings once and i've noticed the sound again recently.

Comment

Like this:
                      Yep, I've had my MM 4-bolts on my car for about 70k hard miles with no problems.
                      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                        I've been having a front passenger side suspension issue. It sounds like something is loose. The sound is a metal on metal rattling type sound and in very prominent over a rough surface. The car tends to handle very sloppily and follows every crevice in the road. well, I took it to gearheads a couple weeks ago and they put in new ball joints and rack bushings. This fixed the problem for a week or so, and the car was noise free and handled better. but it has gradually come back just as badly as ever. Any ideas?
                        if you want bring it by and we can get those warrantied out for you.Thanks,Travis

Comment

BTW Cobraman, the car following grooves in the road could also mean you need a bumpsteer kit, if you don't already. Also, if you are running 275's in front they will cause the car to do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by travisfranklin@gearheads View Post
                            if you want bring it by and we can get those warrantied out for you.Thanks,Travis
                            warrantied out? what kind of warranty is on them? i am planning on bringing it back sometime soon.
                            Last edited by Cobraman; 12-12-2010, 12:55 AM.
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Like this:

If so that is probably your problem. They have issues with the bearings. Mine started making it inside a year. A friend also had that issue and pointed me to someone at UPR who sent me replacements. Those lasted a little bit longer but started doing it again. I would ditch them.

Thanks for saying this. I just got them for my cobra, don't think I'll be using them.

Comment

Working...
                              X