Michael Young on the trading block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Young on the trading block

Saw on espn that the Rangers are open to offers for Michael Young. Looking to unload his contract to make room for lee? or maybe a move for Beltre?

The Marlins reportedly may look to shed payroll elsewhere if Giancarlo Stanton does not waive his no-trade clause.

what i heard on the radio is that Lee wants a deal for 7 years and the rangers said that 5 is the max. I think it would be to bring in Beltre, which im not really with that move. They need a starting pitcher, not bats
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Shit give the man 7 years and seal the damn deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
        Shit give the man 7 years and seal the damn deal!
        he is 32 i think, so you have to figure when is he going to start the decline of his career
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

While I really like Lee, not sure the price is right. would almost rather see them go for Greinke and have the money to keep Young(dont see enough upside to going after Beltre) and bringing in a good DH and possibly another decent outfielder. Or a right handed power hitting first baseman to complement Moreland

Comment

Also wouldnt mind a 5 year deal with 6/7 year options. That way if he is still performing we could keep him. Guess we will just have to wait and see how this pans out

Comment

Lee (I thought he was 33, but oh well) needs to suck it up and take a decent 5 year deal. The Rangers need to take it in the ass and keep the integrity of their team by keeping Young on. Beltre would be a good addition, but shouldn't be a factor if it involves keeping these two on.

Comment

get rid of that old ass young

Comment

Do not think a deal with Young will happen. Skills and age and salary being a factor.

The Rangers are going to be smart.... Well, hope so. Lee is not a young guy. They need a good Dh, a good SP. Is Vlad/ Lee the right combo......?
                  Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    Lee (I thought he was 33, but oh well) needs to suck it up and take a decent 5 year deal. The Rangers need to take it in the ass and keep the integrity of their team by keeping Young on. Beltre would be a good addition, but shouldn't be a factor if it involves keeping these two on.
                    Why should he "settle" for a 5 year deal with the Rangers if the Yankess are offering him what he wants?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                      Why should he "settle" for a 5 year deal with the Rangers if the Yankess are offering him what he wants?
                      Because it's the fucking Yankees.

Comment

Beltre is completely useless unless it's a contract year. They might as well bring Andruw Jones back!

If they give up Young we better be getting Evan Longoria in return. He's signed through 2012 though, no reason for the Rays to dump him unless it's for a bucket of draft picks.

Comment

DMN says sources close to Young say the Rangers have assured him that he won't be traded, FWIW. Neither side have Even publicly acknowledged whether or not he is on the trading block.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            DMN says sources close to Young say the Rangers have assured him that he won't be traded, FWIW. Neither side have Even publicly acknowledged whether or not he is on the trading block.
                            i thought i heard last night that teams were asking about micheal young and the rangers were talking to teams to see if they were interested in a trade for young.
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Young isn't going to be traded. The Rockies contacted the Rangers about the possibility of getting him. ALL MLB teams listen to offers but that doesn't mean they are going to trade away their star players.

Comment

Working...
                              X