Wireless sub won't link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless sub won't link

So I have a vizio sound bar with wireless subwoofer. For some reason the sub will not link up with the sound bar. It searches for a connection but never connects. I've called Vizio and they couldn't help me. Since I bought the thing on eBay, I can't send it back to the manufacturer. I took the sub apart because I thought maybe I could hard wire it somehow. But I don't know which wires to use. Anyone have any ideas for a solution?

did you buy it new or was it used?

wireless subs are are usually line of site. you can't have an obstruction between the transmitters. and they may also gbe too far apart.

Comment

You probably got scammed on Ebay. It happens all the time. I am not advocating this in any way but "stupid motherfuckers" do it all the time. Go buy one at Walmart and then just switch them out and return the defective one. Actually have some self respect and don't do that.

Comment

my dad bought a wireless system one time and it wouldn't connect because his wireless router for the computer was turned on.... try shutting down your wireless home network and try the stereo again.

dad was able to get his working this way but he prefered to have his wifi on at all times so he took the system back and got a different one that was hard wired.
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

The ad on eBay said it was a manufacturer refurbished product. I've called vizio and have been working with them for a couple days but no success. It's been connected before with wireless Internet on but since the move we haven't had internet service hooked up just yet. So there isnt any Wireless networks in the house right now. I really think hard wired is the way to go. Just wish I could buy a new hard wired sub instead of having to buy a whole new sound bar and sub.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigpapa View Post
            The ad on eBay said it was a manufacturer refurbished product..
            And there it is...

Consider it a lesson learned.
            Last edited by LS1Goat; 12-20-2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X