Anyone use a Vitamix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use a Vitamix?

I'm looking at buying one, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

Are there competing products that work just as well, for a little less money? They're pretty pricey.

I want to start making some drinks to up my intake of fresh fruits and vegetables, and I've heard that these are the machines to get.

Thanks.

If you're going to spend that kind of money on a blender, Blendtec is the best blender on the market.

Get on YouTube and search for "iPhone blender".
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      If you're going to spend that kind of money on a blender, Blendtec is the best blender on the market.

Get on YouTube and search for "iPhone blender".
      i think a lot of people still say vitamix is better than blendtec but thanks to those youtube videos, i'm going to buy a blendtec total blend.
      than and also because blendtecs look pimp and vitamix looks like a 1981 slide projector.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

marbles
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I appreciate the insight and found this comparison based on your recommendation.

I prefer the way the Blendtec looks too. May go that route.

Comment

magnets!

cubic zarconia
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

There's a lot of different tests and youtube videos out there.

The problem the Blendtec has is based on the blade setup in it's narrow bottom standard pitcher, but that's only when blending large items. They do sell a wider based pitcher as an option.

The Vitamix is a good blender, but does require using the plunger quite ofter to move things around.

I have a Ninja Shark Blender with the long blade attachment, so there's three blades up the entire middle of the pitcher area. I like it, but it's a pain in the ass sometimes. If I was going to replace it, I'd get either a blendtec or a vitamix. Probably lean to the Vitamix with the plunger, over spending another 100 bucks on the Blendtec larger pitcher.

Comment

I also keep reading that the Vitamix makes smoother green drinks, and that's really what I'm looking for, so I may lean that way vs the aesthetics of the Blendtec.

Comment

There's a video out there, that I haven't been able to find, from a guy who sells blenders in Florida and online. He tested seven or eight, all that he carries in his store, by powdering flax seed, and mixing protein powders, etc. I want to say the Blendtec and Vitamix were honestly within seconds of each other in all tests.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                    i think a lot of people still say vitamix is better than blendtec but thanks to those youtube videos, i'm going to buy a blendtec total blend.
                    than and also because blendtecs look pimp and vitamix looks like a 1981 slide projector.
                    Vitamix has the name like Kleenex. From people who have used both in a commercial setting, 12+ hours a day, Blendtec is the better blender. This is the general consensus of my customers. To show I'm not biased, I dot represent either one.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

i'm using a cuisinart and i bought my gf a kitchenaid. for sub $100, both have been pretty good for anything i've thrown at them so far which is usually just smoothies and shakes. other than ice it's pretty light duty. fruits, veggies plus a liquid. i find a small amount of liquid is a must otherwise the blender wont circulate for shit.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

So they're basically equal...now I'm wondering where I can buy one locally (would prefer to go get it today vs ordering it), and if there are any coupons/sales/discounts out there I should be taking advantage of?

Looks like I can run to Southlake and buy the Vitamix at Williams Sonoma for around $600.

Blentec Total Blender at Target for $400, but not sold in stores. Seems priced a lot lower, so I'm wondering if it's a lower model, or something.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                          So they're basically equal...now I'm wondering where I can buy one locally (would prefer to go get it today vs ordering it), and if there are any coupons/sales/discounts out there I should be taking advantage of?

Looks like I can run to Southlake and buy the Vitamix at Williams Sonoma for around $600.

Blentec Total Blender at Target for $400, but not sold in stores. Seems priced a lot lower, so I'm wondering if it's a lower model, or something.
                          bed bath beyond has the blendtec for $400 but you can use a 20% off coupon with it.
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Vitamix has the name like Kleenex. From people who have used both in a commercial setting, 12+ hours a day, Blendtec is the better blender. This is the general consensus of my customers. To show I'm not biased, I dot represent either one.
                            cool, makes my decision more valid when i decide to upgrade.
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                              bed bath beyond has the blendtec for $400 but you can use a 20% off coupon with it.
                              Nice!!

I'm going to run down to Lonestar Restaurant Supply and see what they've got and try to get some advice. They seem to have a good variety in stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X