Need A Good Mobile Welder ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need A Good Mobile Welder ASAP

Well on the way home from work, hit a bump and my work trailer went dancing on me. Thank God I was only about 2 miles from home and was able to creep home without the whole trailer snapping in half.
    Anyway I can't afford another trailer or the 3 week wait time I would need to have one made.

So if anyone knows a good welder who knows what they're doing can you please let me know ASAP. The trailer is not towable as one side is snapped and the other is cracked atleast halfway up.

Here's a pic of what's going on.
    Thanks,
    Marc

Last edited by Up0n0ne; 12-07-2010, 09:39 PM.
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Call this guy. He's a good guy and does great work. He does mobile welding by trade. 8176891216.
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Thanks Kyle I really appreciate it. I'll call him 1st thing tomarrow.
      If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Bump! Anyone else know of someone?

Comment

Make sure that isn't "just welded up". Sleeve that sucker and if the trailer is over weighted box that point, on both sides. Just my 2¢
          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Thanks Darren, yeah I told Chris (Kyle's referral) I wanted to be able to drive down a mountain and it not break. lol
            Supposed to be coming tomarrow morning, thank God! I can't stand when I can't go to work.
            I don't think it's over weighted, heck I don't even think I haul 900lbs. And I try to even the weight inside.
            But it is a Lowe's trailer so....

Funny thing is I stopped by a trailer place about 2 weeks ago and told them it was kreaking and that I thought it was cracking at that very point as well as the coating was cracked. He scraped the coating and said no you should be fine it's just the paint. I asked him like 5 times, are you sure, he said yes we can brace it but it's not needed. I should've had them brace it. Bummer.
            Last edited by Up0n0ne; 12-08-2010, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Wow, I would of though you were over loading it for it to snap like that. I seen a couple like that at the shop but we usually change out all the front section because they come in all twisted and cracks everywhere.
              sigpic
              1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
              1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

Comment

Also it looks like that it's been cracked for awhile by the looks of the rust up top and once you hit that bump it finally snapped. I can't believe that trailer place didn't see it or they probably did but didn't want to fix it.
                sigpic
                1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
                1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

Comment

Yeah maybe it's due to when I lowered my F250 I had to remove my stock shocks for lowered ones and every since that single axle trailer strokes the snot out of the truck and is constantly rocking.
                  I'm definitely either getting stronger shocks or helper bags or probably both.

And the guy at trailer place said they would and could brace it, "but" it wasn't necassary. He got down and looked at it too, but I think he should've had his welder look at it and to his credit he did offer, I should've done it regardless.
                  Last edited by Up0n0ne; 01-03-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
                    Bump! Anyone else know of someone?
                    Ray at Fortress Performance does Mobile welding give him a call 817-466-6676 Tell him Dan told you to call him.
                    03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                    "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Whats the mobile welders name that was on the other board? Had a nice welding rig setup, a newer ?dodge? truck

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                        Whats the mobile welders name that was on the other board? Had a nice welding rig setup, a newer ?dodge? truck
                        Prolly me! I can fix it no doubt... but right now Im outta town. I can get to it between xmas and new years before I go outta town again. Its a bit of a drive for me, but if you willing to pay the fuel costs for me to drive up there then no problem. 903 466 2870 Don.

Ok, the pic finally loaded for me. Its really strange that channel iron would snap like that... Anyhow, it can be fixed a couple of ways... one, replace the tongue material on both sides and re-attach you old hitch, jack, ect. ect. (the best way, but material costs are higher). I can get all the old stuff off without hacking it up which will save you money on new parts... or, I can put that piece together again with a full penetration weld on both sides, grind it back down and then put a fish plate (reinforcing material designed to spread the load away from the previous break) on both sides. This will work just as well, its cheaper, and I will make it as clean looking as possible for you. Its your call either way...
                        Last edited by donnie90stang; 12-15-2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Bump! Anyone know of another welder in town close to Carrollton I could drive to that could throw a quick weld up? Had it welded about 2 weeks ago and this morning just had a feeling i needed to check it after I hooked up to head out to work & where it snapped before has come apart. A little bummed but oh well, I need this done asap please.
                          Probably going to trade it in and buy another at this point.
                          Here's what I'm dealing with now. If I can just get it welded up to make it to the trailer place than I will be ok and hopefully get some kind of trade in value for it.

Last edited by Up0n0ne; 01-04-2011, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Ok Bump!
                            Anyone know of another welder in town close to Carrollton I could drive to that could throw a quick weld up?

Comment

If you can wait till this weekend and get it down to Mansfield I'll weld it up as best as I can. Bring a six pack and we'll call it even.

Good luck man!
                              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
                              X