.308 AR Lower Receivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .308 AR Lower Receivers

I've decided I want to build a .308 AR. What are your opinions on the best .308 uppers and lowers for the money? G3 mags or no?
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Mega billet upper and lowers is where I would put my money if I was building a AR10.

Rainier Arms specializes in high-end AR15 parts, AR15 accessories, AR15 grips, AR15 stocks, AR15 uppers, AR15 lowers, AR15 barrels and much more...
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
      I've decided I want to build a .308 AR. What are your opinions on the best .308 uppers and lowers for the money? G3 mags or no?
      The G3 mag lowers sure are cool. I'd do that for sure.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I was wondering the same. I was going to suggest finding deals on 7.62/.308 lowers for the next build, as I'd be in for one, but not sure if I'd be in for a 5.56/.223.

Any idea on when the next group buy will be?

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
          I was wondering the same. I was going to suggest finding deals on 7.62/.308 lowers for the next build, as I'd be in for one, but not sure if I'd be in for a 5.56/.223.

Any idea on when the next group buy will be?
          I have considered doing a GB on AR-10 lowers. However I honestly do not think people would really be able to afford them. A lot of people don't really grasp how much more expensive they are compared to an AR-15. Because of this I don't think it's a good idea. I will e-mail the distributor and see if they even manufacture AR-10 lowers.
          Last edited by CJ; 12-25-2011, 05:01 PM.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Sweet, thanks. If we can't get a GB going, I'd like to get the .308 stuff myself and join in at the build party. Thanks for all the legwork you guys do!

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              I have considered doing a GB on AR-10 lowers. However I honestly do not think people would really be able to afford them. A lot of people don't really grasp how much more expensive they are compared to an AR-15. Because of this I don't think it's a good idea. I will e-mail the distributor and see if they even manufacture AR-10 lowers.
              This is true. For example, even the Surplus Ammo & Arms AR-10 lower is $299 compared to $79 for the AR-15 lower. Most AR-10 lowers are $400 and up.
              On top of that the parts kits, uppers, barrels etc. cost more too so it really adds up to a lot more than building an AR-15.
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I've already got my AR10 lower. I'm good.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  Don't brag! What did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                    I've decided I want to build a .308 AR. What are your opinions on the best .308 uppers and lowers for the money?
                    JP Rifles or KAC

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      Are you ever going to make it go bang?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        The G3 mag lowers sure are cool. I'd do that for sure.
                        I'm not even sure i see how this matters now. I had no problem finding clearanced DPMS steel mags at 10$ / piece shipped.

AR-10's are awesome !
                        I took some ppl on here's suggestion and got a 10$ midwest 1 point bungee sling + 10$ tapco ambi plate. cheaper than any other options and works perfectly fine.
                        Really took the weight off a 10+lb scoped rifle. That's my only complaint, and mines a 16" carbine config. Man if someone could shave 1/2 pound off the AR10, it would be the tits. Not sure if that is even possible with the heavy BCG

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          Are you ever going to make it go bang?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
                          In the year 3000.

Originally posted by hrt4me View Post
                          JP Rifles or KAC
                          JP sells a pretty nice .260 Rem barrel I've been eyeing.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                            I'm not even sure i see how this matters now. I had no problem finding clearanced DPMS steel mags at 10$ / piece shipped.
                            They are still more than 10 times cheaper.

Comment

I was in shock when I clicked that link. I knew they were more expensive, but not how much more. What is the reasoning behind the huge gap in prices for the lowers?
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                              X