Clear All

• AR

Started Gathering AR Parts...

What do you guys recomend for a stock?
    -Target/ Pig Gun
    -Occasional Use
    -Not terribly Expensive
    -I would like OD Grn or "earth"

Anyone have a lower parts kit they want to sell me?

I can't wait to get everything together.

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

For any sort of hunting, I prefer a solid stock.

Here is a parts kit-
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...sting-_-266795

For any sort of hunting, I prefer a solid stock.

Here is a parts kit-
        http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=877204
        I had the Midway Page Book Marked... Just figured Id see if anyone on here had one they wanted/ needed to sell.

What is your reason behind the solid stock?

Just curious, everything I have ever hunted with has had a solid stock but I like the look of the collapsable stock on the AR. (Which I know is trivial).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
            I had the Midway Page Book Marked... Just figured Id see if anyone on here had one they wanted/ needed to sell.

Just curious, everything I have ever hunted with has had a solid stock but I like the look of the collapsable stock on the AR. (Which I know is trivial).
            Honestly, I guess I have just always hunted with a solid stock. They dont make noise or move like a collapsible stock does, but If your gun has a 16inch barrel I would go with a collapsible. To me, 16inch long guns with an a2 stock look odd.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

If it's not a 20"-24" I'd go multi-position on the stock. Magpul's CTR stock is pretty nice for around $90. It is really solid and doesn't jiggle around like most 4/6 positions stocks.

Comment

Get standard mil spec A2 parts in OD green.

If the guys in the Marines can put a bullet through a bullet hole using standard issue A2 parts, ask yourself why you need something different.

If you want a variety of optics options then go A3, but keep the standard A2 style stock and front sight and get a rear flip up.

If you refuse to clean, think about chroming the bolt and carrier.

If you want a shorter rifle, then go with the M4 type stock and shorter A2 style handgrip.

Free floating this and that do very little for the average person besides drain your wallet quicker. It's better to spend money on ammo and range time.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  Honestly, I guess I have just always hunted with a solid stock. They dont make noise or move like a collapsible stock does, but If your gun has a 16inch barrel I would go with a collapsible. To me, 16inch long guns with an a2 stock look odd.
                  I have a collapsable on my 24" AR. It looks weird, but the only reason I have it on there is because an A2 is way too short for me, and the VLTOR was the only stock have had the length I needed. I'm working on some custom wood furniture for it though.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Started Gathering AR Parts...

What do you guys recomend for a stock?
                    -Target/ Pig Gun
                    -Occasional Use
                    -Not terribly Expensive
                    -I would like OD Grn or "earth"

Anyone have a lower parts kit they want to sell me?

I can't wait to get everything together.
                    I use the Magpul PRS for both my .223 and my .308 AR long range builds. They come in several colors also. They are weighted and therefore much heavier than an A2 or a collapsible stock. Unless you can find a discount code they will run you around $242. I found a 10% off code for Bohatch Tactical and Midway is running a upto $50 savings on orders upto $500. PM me your email and I can send you the email I got from them.

For lower parts: Are you gonna run an upgraded trigger? Ambi safety? Antirotation pin? If you are I would peice the lower kit together. I bought a handfull of extra parts from Model 1 and have plenty of extras if you want to bring it to the build party on 8 January at my place.

If you just want a basic mil-spec lower parts kit you will spend between $55-65. Model 1 Sales, Midway, Brownells, Rainier Arms (a great black rifle company to deal with by the way), etc all have them in stock and all ship the same day.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                      If it's not a 20"-24" I'd go multi-position on the stock. Magpul's CTR stock is pretty nice for around $90. It is really solid and doesn't jiggle around like most 4/6 positions stocks.
                      +2 but I would say 18" and above should have a solid
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

All Great Info...

I will expand on my reply when I have some more time this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          +2 but I would say 18" and above should have a solid
                          Good call. Didn't even think about the 18" barrel option.

Comment

Again thanks,

I Think the Magpul CTR stock is what I am going to end up with... I looked at one in person and it looks/ feels fine to me. And the price is in my range.

As far as the parts kit goes:

My original intention was just to use a mil-spec off the shelf parts kit for both ease and cost effective-ness. If you guys suggest that I go a different route while still staying on a some what reasonable budget I will do so.

Trey

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                              I use the Magpul PRS for both my .223 and my .308 AR long range builds. They come in several colors also. They are weighted and therefore much heavier than an A2 or a collapsible stock. Unless you can find a discount code they will run you around $242. I found a 10% off code for Bohatch Tactical and Midway is running a upto $50 savings on orders upto $500. PM me your email and I can send you the email I got from them.

For lower parts: Are you gonna run an upgraded trigger? Ambi safety? Antirotation pin? If you are I would peice the lower kit together. I bought a handfull of extra parts from Model 1 and have plenty of extras if you want to bring it to the build party on 8 January at my place.

If you just want a basic mil-spec lower parts kit you will spend between $55-65. Model 1 Sales, Midway, Brownells, Rainier Arms (a great black rifle company to deal with by the way), etc all have them in stock and all ship the same day.
                              PMed YA

Comment

Working...
                              X