blue ray recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue ray recommendations

Thinking about jumping into the 21st century and purchasing a blue ray player for the bedroom. Up until now we've been using the ps3 but having to move that thing from the fam. room to the bedroom is starting to get on my nerves. What are some of the features I need to look for? I don't want to spend too much but I do want to get the best bang for the buck. One feature that I've noticed on some is the WiFi feature. What is the purpose of this feature on a blue ray player?

TIA
    --carlos

sigpic

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
    Thinking about jumping into the 21st century and purchasing a blue ray player for the bedroom. Up until now we've been using the ps3 but having to move that thing from the fam. room to the bedroom is starting to get on my nerves. What are some of the features I need to look for? I don't want to spend too much but I do want to get the best bang for the buck. One feature that I've noticed on some is the WiFi feature. What is the purpose of this feature on a blue ray player?

TIA
    You can stream stuff through them like you can with the PS3 (netflix, amazon, etc...). Some movies also have interactive shit you can do that requires a connection (useless to me since I'm not a features guy). As far as players, I wouldn't know since I have a PS3. My father has a Denon player and likes it, but the loading times are slow on it. If you're using it for the bedroom, a standard cheapo unit would be fine for me, but different people have different tastes I guess. Sorry I couldn't really help you.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

ps3
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Hmm, so it seems as though I really don't need to put too much thought into this.

As far as using the ps3, I really want to rule it out of the equation since it seems like when I want to use the it to watch a movie the kids are using it.
        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Make sure to get that one. NOT the one narrated by Oprah.
          sigpic

Comment

What's the difference?
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
              What's the difference?
              One has a great narrator, the other has Oprah.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                Hmm, so it seems as though I really don't need to put too much thought into this.

As far as using the ps3, I really want to rule it out of the equation since it seems like when I want to use the it to watch a movie the kids are using it.
                tell them to buy their own fucking ps3
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  ps3
                  Yep that thar that he done did say .
                  The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    tell them to buy their own fucking ps3
                    Fucking gold!!

Also make sure if you do get one with WiFi that it doesn't require an adaptor.
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I've had several different brands of Blu-ray players, even an Oppo for a short while. The best player I've had amongst the bunch is the Panasonic DMP-BDT210. It's Blu-ray 1080p/24 picture quality to me is virtually indistinguishable from an Oppo 83 using a Mediabridge High Speed Cat 2 HDMI cable. One uses PHL Reference Chroma processor and other Anchor Bay. Yet, quite a disparity in price.

The Panny 210 is affordable and it does everything well. Built in Wi-Fi, 3D, 2D-3D, Viera Cast with all the video streaming sites and tons of more apps/games with latest firmware update. Fast load times. DLNA. And what I like the most, it uses the new Netflix 3 interface that allows you to search and add movies to your queue through the player, where previous you had to do it online in your account. And it will also stream HD movies in Dolby Digital Plus on certain titles. Your AVR has to be able to decode DD+, this being the only caveat. However, most all new models do.

My 2 cents...

Comment

Working...
                      X