Disable Device Signature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable Device Signature?

Does anyone know how to disable device signature on Win7 64 bit?

I've tried the holding F8 during boot to get the menu to pop up but it does not pop up. I've also tried to do it using the cmd.exe then typing in

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

then entered

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Said both went through but when i restarted i have a little icon on the right side that says Test mode 7600. And still will not allow the driver to work with my computer. The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L655. Thanks.

Why do you need to do this?

also if you run it from cmd, make sure your running cmd as admin.

edit: from our internal wiki

1. Go to Start -> Run -> regedit.exe
    2. Look for: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Wind ows NT\Driver Signing]
    3. Change the BehaviorOnFailedVerify key value to "0" for ignore, "1" for getting just warning mesage and "2" to block completely.\
    Last edited by roliath; 12-08-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post

2. Look for: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Wind ows NT\Driver Signing]
      3. Change the BehaviorOnFailedVerify key value to "0" for ignore, "1" for getting just warning mesage and "2" to block completely.\
      At work we use IDS as our diagnosis software. But Ford doesn't have a driver for WIN7 64 bit. But some techs have it working on their computer by removing the driver signature. When i install the driver it says windows cannot verify driver signature so this driver will not work correctly. My friend has a toshiba laptop that he just presses F8 at bootup and disables it and it works fine. But when i try it on this laptop it will not work.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post

Also just tried this and it did not work. Got all the way to Software\policies\Microsoft\ but there was no windows and nothing after that. Couldn't find Windows NT or Driver signing.

Comment

Working...
        X