need a good universal remote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a good universal remote.

not sure if this has been a topic before or not. but i would like to finally get a good remote to control all of the components.
    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Check out this line (RF)...

URC (Universal Remote Control) offers luxury home automation & commercial automation systems. Experience premium control & automation for your home or business.

..also the Logitech Harmony line is not bad either.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Harmony one... been using one for 3 years without issue

Comment

price range?

Comment

I have a Harmony One. It's decent. It can be very slow and sometimes goes haywire. Programming it can be a pain if you have a lot of different pieces, like light controllers and what not. Not sure if there is something better out there for the money. I've heard similar things about the more expensive boxy ones, so who knows...

Be careful with it. Mine hasn't been banged around much (only dropped a few times on carpet), but something has come loose and is rattling around on the inside. I had a Logitech 870 (little brother to the Harmony One) and it fell apart much sooner than it should have, so I try to pamper the Harmony One.

Comment

I picked up a Harmony 670 IR remote a couple years ago for $40 on sale. Keep your eyes open and you can snag one at a reasonable price.
            - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
            1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              I have a Harmony One. It's decent. It can be very slow and sometimes goes haywire. Programming it can be a pain if you have a lot of different pieces, like light controllers and what not. Not sure if there is something better out there for the money. I've heard similar things about the more expensive boxy ones, so who knows...

Be careful with it. Mine hasn't been banged around much (only dropped a few times on carpet), but something has come loose and is rattling around on the inside. I had a Logitech 870 (little brother to the Harmony One) and it fell apart much sooner than it should have, so I try to pamper the Harmony One.
              The noise in the Harmony One is the sensor for motion when you pick it up and move it so it wakes up the screen. Nothing is broken. The older Harmony Ones used a mercury tilt switch, but they can't use mercury anymore.

Comment

For basic use of 4 devices... Harmony 300... $29.99

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/remote...s/devices/6812

Comment

I have a harmony 1100 and Im not crazy about it. Stupid thing is slow as hell. Commands take forever even with the delays set to 0. Also I thought I would like the style of remote but I hate having to use both hands, I miss the traditional style remote.

Comment

Originally posted by craig View Post
                    The noise in the Harmony One is the sensor for motion when you pick it up and move it so it wakes up the screen. Nothing is broken. The older Harmony Ones used a mercury tilt switch, but they can't use mercury anymore.
                    Hmmm...

Well, it literally sounds like there is a broken piece of plastic moving around freely in the remote, and this sound was not there for the first few months I owned it. I think mine may be something broken. It still works though (as good as it did new).

Comment

Weird! I have an omega and it also sounds like there's a broken piece of plastic rattling around in it as well! Still works just fine so I haven't bothered taking it apart to see what it is .....

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                        For basic use of 4 devices... Harmony 300... $29.99

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/remote...s/devices/6812
                        found them on amazon for 26.99
                        http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Working...
                        X