Ford coolant vs. Chevy coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford coolant vs. Chevy coolant

currently ive been using prestones orange dex cool for my impala. recently a fort tech friend of mine did a flush on my car and used the remainder dex cool i had with some of their ford motorcraft coolant. ive been having coolant problems for over 2years now and i think i might have run into another problem. is there a difference in the coolant cause i think the car might have reacted to this new coolant.
    .....bro....

Chevy coolant is slower.

Comment

Did they use Motorcraft Gold or Green?

Comment

the motorcraft was in a white bottle with a orange cap. the only difference was that this coolant was lighter in color. it was almost pink. i dont know if it was a gold or whatnot
        .....bro....

Comment

The gallon of Ford Premium Gold white bottle & cap) I have says not to mix it with other types, including Ford Specialty Orange. Maybe Ford Orange can be mixed with Dex-Cool though, and it would be logical to assume that the orange cap indicates that coolant he used was Ford orange.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            The gallon of Ford Premium Gold white bottle & cap) I have says not to mix it with other types, including Ford Specialty Orange. Maybe Ford Orange can be mixed with Dex-Cool though, and it would be logical to assume that the orange cap indicates that coolant he used was Ford orange.
            awww damn. he put the leftover coolant in my trunk and one did have a white cap but it had water in it. the one i put in the reservoir today had a white cap.
            .....bro....

Comment

I'd recommend draining and flushing the system and refilling it with Global antifreeze. It's usually yellow in color. The dexcool is shit, I've seen more rusty looking gummed up systems on that shit than anything in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                I'd recommend draining and flushing the system and refilling it with Global antifreeze. It's usually yellow in color. The dexcool is shit, I've seen more rusty looking gummed up systems on that shit than anything in recent years.
                what is global? where can i get some and why is it so special?
                .....bro....

Comment

Screw any coolant other than toyota red. Best on earth.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                    what is global? where can i get some and why is it so special?
                    the parts stores should have it on the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                      the parts stores should have it on the shelf.
                      only thing i found at oreily.com was for big rigs.
                      .....bro....

Comment

Only thing we put in cars is regular 50/50 green shit. Unless specifically asked for by a customer. IMO all that dexcool, yellow, orange is just a bunch of bullshit.

Comment

Any (LONG LIFE) or (Extended Life) antifreeze should be Global.Global means it will mix with all colors and brands. Whether you buy AZ brand,Oreilly Brand,Peak, Prestone or any other brand. Anything that is labled Green(silica base) is what you need to stay away from. I don't like Dexcool either.

Or like said above, you could do a complete flush and do green. But you have to make damn sure that you get all the Dexcool out or it will Congeal. Brown silly puddy mess.

Comment

From the Ford website, it looks like Motorcraft Orange coolant has a white cap as well, and is compatible with Dex Cool. As long as green coolant wasn't mixed in, there shouldn't be a compatability problem.

I only bought a gallon of the Gold to have around because that's what came in the car from the factory. I have used very little of it in the past 6 years or so though.

Comment

guess ill just have to buy some more prestone longliefe BS. im tired of flushing this fucking car every 600 miles.
                              .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                              X