How to nail in concrete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to nail in concrete?

I've never done it and don't have a gun. I need to complete the carpet-to-vinyl transitions and trying to figure out how to fasten the metal trim piece to the concrete. How small a nails can still be used in concrete? Should be pretty small right?

ram-set gun

Comment

ram set is probably overkill. If its just a couple...use a masonry bit and drill a hole for a small plastic anchor. Home depot should have plenty of different concrete anchors.

Comment

drill a pilot hole and use concrete nails

Comment

Not sure what brand they are, but the blue concrete screws at home depot work really good. You drill the hole and they screw right in.

Comment

x2 on the anchor screws.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
              Not sure what brand they are, but the blue concrete screws at home depot work really good. You drill the hole and they screw right in.
              ^^^ The man speaks the truth.
              Originally posted by mutherjuggz
              That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                drill a pilot hole and use concrete nails
                This. In my two years of installing floors I never saw anything different.
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                  Tapcons, they work great on wood and concrete.

Comment

Tapcons for the win!!

Comment

Working...
                    X