ThreeFingerPete's new build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThreeFingerPete's new build

Adam and I just finished up his new build. It was a pleasure to assemble even with the few minor do overs there were. It is going to be a soft shooting sub 1 moa gun. I will let Adam fill in with the specs but here are some pics.

My favorite; a $8 flash hider on a gun which cost north of a grand.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Reload and Build Zone???

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
      Keith gets to do whatever the fuck he wants, now go work up some more 2 moa bolt gun loads.

Comment

Nice rifle. I like that side charging handle. I noticed your $8 flash hider has no shoulders. I recently installed a Levang Linear on my RRA that also has no shoulders. Did y'all just get it hand tight with or without some blue Loctite? I couldn't find anything on the web about how to tighten the Levang.

Comment

Adam torques head bolts by hand... and when I say "by hand", I literally mean with his hands. No wrench.

I'm sure he could strip the threads right out of that thing unless the barrel started twisting like a ford oil pump shaft first
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            Adam torques head bolts by hand... and when I say "by hand", I literally mean with his hands. No wrench.

I'm sure he could strip the threads right out of that thing unless the barrel started twisting like a ford oil pump shaft first
            Good one Cooter. I hope tightening by hand was enough.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
              Nice rifle. I like that side charging handle. I noticed your $8 flash hider has no shoulders. I recently installed a Levang Linear on my RRA that also has no shoulders. Did y'all just get it hand tight with or without some blue Loctite? I couldn't find anything on the web about how to tighten the Levang.
              If we were to need it tight I would have slid a long slim tool in the notches to use for leverage. For now thread protecter until he finds what he wants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

LOL!

On a barrel like this, the muzzle device should only be ~finger tight.

Comment

With three fingers no less.

Comment

What kind of barrel is that?
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Build specs:
                      LAR OPS 4 left side charging upper with hard chrome bcg
                      White Oak 18" rifle length gas "SPR"barrel 1 in 7 twist .223 wylde chamber
                      Samson 15" Evolution handguard
                      Jp adjustable gas block
                      $8 cheaper than dirt flash hider (still deciding on a compensator)
                      Group buy $40 lower (lulz)
                      Jp parts kit with Jp reduced power springs and a worked GI trigger
                      Magpul UBR
                      And as soon as I find a mount I like, it will get my Burris MTAC 1-4x and some irons.

This thing should recoil like a BB gun.

The gun was built to shoot 3 gun.

Comment

How do you like that Samson rail?
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                          How do you like that Samson rail?
                          So far, so good. It feels much better to me than the troy vtac, which was runner up. Time will tell about its durability.

Comment

Yeah! Freaking guy almost broke my elbow with an air hockey puck.

Swell-bow!
                            Ded

Comment

Hey Adam, care to measure your EBR from the receiver/stock seam to the rear of the stock both collapsed and fully extended? I'm curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X