X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnauba wax vs Synthetic wax...

Let's hear it, Carnauba vs. Synthetic wax

I've always favored carnauba wax.

Carnauba wax - Deep shine, almost liquid looking finish with a warm glow. Able to hide minor scratches, but a relatively short life (4 months or less).

Synthetic wax - hard glass-like gloss, long life (6-12 months). But a "cooler" shine & not as able to hide minor scratches.

This is in context of a daily driver, garaged, but sees lots of sun, rain & dirt.
    Last edited by white trash wagon; 01-16-2012, 04:03 PM.

No opinions on wax??????????

Comment

I buy white vehicles so that I don't have to wax them
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        I buy white vehicles so that I don't have to wax them
        For those of us who keep a vehicle for the long haul, and keep it looking like new.....waxing is essential - even on a white vehicle

Comment

Sealer for a daily, you still get a nice gloss with much better longevity and protection.

I'm a big fan of HD poxy... extremely easy to use, requires very little product, and I've been happy with the results.

Comment

I went on the HD Poxy site, they said it only lasts 3-4 months.
            Online reviews said it was gone after 3 months & said it didn't
            give the rich glow of carnauba......

Comment

I use Zaino, I guess thats synthetic type 'wax' since it uses no carnubas or waxes in its formula. It lasts me over a year with one application and its a nicely priced. The new formula does not require a two step process any more. I've used just about every product out there and for me Zaino is the best.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I use Zaino, I guess thats synthetic type 'wax' since it uses no carnubas or waxes in its formula. It lasts me over a year with one application and its a nicely priced. The new formula does not require a two step process any more. I've used just about every product out there and for me Zaino is the best.
                Agreed. Even on a car that's not garaged kept it will last over 6+ months. I've been using Zaino now for about 7 years and don't plan on changing. I can't say enough great things about their products.

Marcus
                '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

I use a combination of both actually. I use the synthetic wax first for the longevity, then a carnuba over for mor of the wet shine
                  Scott Ganow
                  Lone Star Performance
                  16300 Midway Rd
                  Addison, TX 75001
                  214-630-5006

Comment

ever spring i use a clay bar and tech wax 2.0
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                    X