Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with K5's on here?

Doing up my build , yet again....
    actually going to finish it this time around before I have a kid.
    Thought I might go over some ideas here .
    Mostly a list of custom fab ideas I had and get some input.

Well that's if there is anyone here....
    see sig for some blazer details. Man ive had this thing 10 years now.

Post some pics, I want to build a K5 too on some 39.50 boggers, 1 ton axles, big block...
    I build websites. PM me.

Comment

I have a 1985 with some goodies.... If I can ever get this photobucket thing figured out maybe I will post some pics up.

Comment

^^^ upload the photo(s) then copy the [img] code and paste here. If you want to post multiple photos, check the boxes you want then at the bottom on the left select choose action >> generate code for selected and select click the box with the fullsize [img] code (4th box down) it should copy all when you click it, then just past it in here.
        I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
          Post some pics, I want to build a K5 too on some 39.50 boggers, 1 ton axles, big block...
          Friend of mine just sold one with 38.5 boggers and 1 tons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Damn, that's just what i'm looking for. I'll be honest - i'd rather find one with all the parts there and then take a project over. Rather than find a stock one and start from scratch. I want a VERY simple rig.
            I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Damn, that's just what i'm looking for. I'll be honest - i'd rather find one with all the parts there and then take a project over. Rather than find a stock one and start from scratch. I want a VERY simple rig.
              older trucks/k5s are simple. its the new ifs trucks that complicate it
              07 f250-family truckster
              08 Denali -baby hauler
              52 f1-rust bucket
              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

He let it go for just north of $5k if I remember correctly. This wasn't really a project. I would say it had 85% of the stuff you would want to do was already done.

Comment

I had a 1990 K5 when I was a lad. It had 99k on it when I bought it with just a puff of smoke at start up. Changed to synthetic and it went away. Drove that truck till it had over 200k on it with almost zero problems. 6inch lift, 35x14's, two 18 in Petras in the back with about 1000 watts on them. One of my favorite and probably one of the most reliable vehicles I ever owned. It was like a metallic red with a small pushbar and of course every red neck had a light bar. The cool thing is if you want a nice system you can pull the walls and re make them with 3/4 in board. They will hold a ton of sound equipment without the loss of room.

After I blew the 18's I wanted some room back. I built a box off of one side with a 15 and put my amps in the other side in the rear. I had two petras 6 1/2s on each side close to the arm rests, and then one ten right at the front of the panel on each side.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    I too had a friend who sold a K5 with 38.5 boggers...

Comment

I've got an '86 with a fresh edelbrock performer motor. Got some miles on the body though.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I'm seriously considering picking up a round headlight K5 w/ a 400 in it
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

No pics in this thread yet?!?
                          I build websites. PM me.

Comment

oh snap, I want the shit out of this

spitting image of my grandfather's

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

There's a red one with white top on CL I forget the year. Looks ok shape. I just wanna trail rig though. Not really a resto.
                              I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X