X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut shells - Poor mans shotgun slug

Ran a search, came up w/ nada....
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

why?
    sigpic

Comment

Why not?
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        why?
        Because slugs are more expensive? I dunno. In the video they did say that this was used before slugs were invented.

Comment

If ammunition costs are a problem, you're shooting the wrong gun, or working the wrong job.
          sigpic

Comment

It's a good trick to know. I could think of one time I could have used this trick but didn't think about it. I was out dove hunting with some friends, and I heard some rustling in the cat tails right by me. I SHOULD have pulled out a bird shot shell and cut it, then chambered it. Instead, I fire 3 7-1/2 shells into the side of 10 pigs and didn't get a single one.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

You SHOULD have pulled out your 10mm sidearm and killed all 10 of them with 1 shot.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                You SHOULD have pulled out your 10mm sidearm and killed all 10 of them with 1 shot.
                The one any only time I didn't have a pistol on me, and it bit me square in the ass. 9 out of 4 of them were easy targets.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

i'd be scared to try it in case something terrible went wrong

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    In theory it would cause a pressure spike, because it has to propel the case as well as the wad/shot. It would be over the designed pressure and weight, but honestly it can't be that much over. The only concern is make sure you're running no/open choke because you don't want that bitch binding up at the muzzle.

Comment

Honestly, the only reason I can think of doing something like this is in some kind of weird emergency. Great point CJ.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                        We used to do this a bunch just shooting random shit on the ranch. Never had any problems.

It's amazing how much abuse a cheapass Mossberg Maverick 88 can take.

Comment

Is this like makeshift dummy rounds, cutting X's out on the magnum rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            If ammunition costs are a problem, you're shooting the wrong gun, or working the wrong job.
                            Seriously? Shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              Is this like makeshift dummy rounds, cutting X's out on the magnum rounds?
                              No, it's making a particular cut around the shell to turn the end of the shell into the projectile. Basically housing all of the load in a plastic container until it makes contact with something. Then you have a furious expansion of pellets that go wherever they feel like while the casing turns inside out.

Comment

Working...
                              X