USC to UMP conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC to UMP conversion

Thought I might get one of these going for my UMP conversion. It is a pretty simple job though compared to making an SL8 a g36.

Anyways, start with your USC Carbine-

Buy a UMP lower, stock, and stock block-

Enlarge these hooks on the UMP lower with a round file-

Attach the stock to the stock block with a stock axle pin-

And throw it all together-

I submitted my form 1s 12/27/11 so it should be another 5 months or so before that comes back and I can finish the job, but oh well. Now all I need is a short barrel, vents cut in the forearm, and a UMP magazine (cant find one anywhere so I am stuck using the USC mags for now). If anyone has a hookup on a UMP .45 mag please let me know!
    Last edited by Moose242; 06-22-2012, 08:57 AM.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

first class white trash

Comment

Fuck that shit. $205 for a magazine is just wrong.

I called HDPS and he said that everyone is out of them everywhere because HK just hasnt shipped them out yet. Said it should be another couple of months. I can wait.

Comment

What's that going to run you total, Alex? Pretty nifty.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          What's that going to run you total, Alex? Pretty nifty.
          Well, let me see here.

Gun- $1100
          Lower- $400
          Stock/block- $300
          Tax stamp- $200
          Barrel- $250
          Vent cuts- $50

Should cost about $2300 to complete.

Fuck, adding up the cost of building guns is depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            Well, let me see here.

Gun- $1100
            Lower- $400
            Stock/block- $300
            Tax stamp- $200
            Barrel- $250
            Vent cuts- $50

Should cost about $2300 to complete.

Fuck, adding up the cost of building guns is depressing.
            lol, glad I could help.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              Fuck that shit. $205 for a magazine is just wrong.

I called HDPS and he said that everyone is out of them everywhere because HK just hasnt shipped them out yet. Said it should be another couple of months. I can wait.
              what amazes me is there is 15 bids on it and it started at a penny.
              first class white trash

Comment

Alright I made some progress. Sent the gun to Ed at HDPS to have the vents in the front end milled and have the mag well milled out to accept UMP mags.

And yes, I finally rustled one up (but just one) for way too much money.

Tonight I popped the barrel out so now I am just waiting on the ATF so I can order a short barrel and slap it together!

I will get all the parts together this weekend and take a photo of it all sans barrel so you can get a pretty good idea of what it will look like completed!
                Last edited by Moose242; 03-08-2012, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Looks a hell of a lot better than what it started as.

BTw the whole HK magazine thing sucks our local PD ordered some for their MP5's and it took almost 8 months to get them, sometimes they are just slow as fuck shipping things out.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Alright I threw it all together for a nice photo op. Now all I need is for the ATF to mail me my stamp and I will be good to go!

Comment

sweeeet. Needs can.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Good lookin' gun man. HK gun envy is back in my court, thanks, lol.
                        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                        There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Pants are getting tight just looking at the pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Not very versed in HK stuff does the butt stock fold? It looks pretty ridged but not real sure at the same time there could be a pin there.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                              Not very versed in HK stuff does the butt stock fold? It looks pretty ridged but not real sure at the same time there could be a pin there.
                              Yes the stock does fold. There is a small button you press.

And thanks for the comments guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X