Ummmm, The smell of smoke......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummmm, The smell of smoke......

Got the WSM fired up this morning with a mix up lump charcoal, Hickory, Mesquite & Pecan. Excuse the shitty cell pics.

Lastnights rub of a 6lb. flat and a couple chicken breasts.

The WSM loaded..

Lump charcoal added and getting hot.

Brisket flat on..

Will be adding the chicken breast's here shortly. More pictures to follow..
    The Daily

10' F250 FX4 CC spatanized & deleted

When is dinner..... Let us all know we will head over

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
      When is dinner..... Let us all know we will head over

Looks good
      6lbs. of beef and a couple chicken breasts wont go to far with this crowd. A fights liable to break out..
      The Daily

Comment

Why so many woods?
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I don't guess you were wanting to eat any of that brisket before sundown, eh?

You're basically wasting that Pecan by using it with Mesquite and Hickory. The Pecan is going to be overpowered easily by both of those strong pungent smoke flavors and you might as well save it to use by itself or with a wood like Oak that isn't as overwhelming. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Why so many woods?
            Just my preference after trial and error.

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
            I don't guess you were wanting to eat any of that brisket before sundown, eh?

You're basically wasting that Pecan by using it with Mesquite and Hickory. The Pecan is going to be overpowered easily by both of those strong pungent smoke flavors and you might as well save it to use by itself or with a wood like Oak that isn't as overwhelming. Just a suggestion.
            LOL, you realize it's dark by like 6:00 right? We usually dont eat till 7-8, you dont think 8 plus hours and hour to rest is enough time to get a 6lb flat cooked?

75% of the wood is pecan with the other 25% being a mix of hickory and mesquite. I personally have no problem tasteing the pecan. Besides, the woods free so I have never been worried about burning to much or wasteing it.
            The Daily

Comment

Originally posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
              Just my preference after trial and error.

LOL, you realize it's dark by like 6:00 right? We usually dont eat till 7-8, you dont think 8 plus hours and hour to rest is enough time to get a 6lb flat cooked?

75% of the wood is pecan with the other 25% being a mix of hickory and mesquite. I personally have no problem tasteing the pecan. Besides, the woods free so I have never been worried about burning to much or wasteing it.
              Yes, I know when it gets dark, I was just giving you shit. You first posted at 11:43, but I don't know what time you actually put the meat on the smoker, you never said, so how would I know when they should be done?

Comment

Yes, I know when it gets dark, I was just giving you shit. You first posted at 11:43, but I don't know what time you actually put the meat on the smoker, you never said, so how would I know when they should be done?
                Brisket went on at 10:00.. If I had posted at dinner time would you have assumed I was planning on eating it for breakfast?

BTW, I was just giving you shit back.
                The Daily

Comment

It's not wasting it. My smokes go so long, most of the time I use a mixture of pecan and mesquite or pecan and hickory. It helps tone down the overpowering mesquite/hickory. And I can taste the pecan as well.

I don't, however, mix pecan, hickory, and mesquite together. That doesn't even sound good to me. JMO of course.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

and the finish product pics?.?.?.?.

Comment

Working...
                    X