Home audio help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home audio help

I am looking at getting one of these 2 receivers. Which one would you get or is there another in the same price range you would prefer and why?
    vsx-50
    vsx-1121-k.

Thanks
    Half of history is hiding the past.

I've got both a standard pioneer and an elite receiver. My elite is head and shoulders above the standard. With that being said with the ones you listed I would go with the 1121 over the 50. It has better amps and a higher output. I didn't look at all the specs but I'm sure it has an OSD and video up conversion. You'll be happy with either one.

Comment

Of the 2 you mentioned, I'd go with the 1121. Marvel Qdeo is right up there with Anchor Bay. And the power draw on the new Poineer 7.1 1021/1121 series receivers is a good indicator of a solid amp design with plenty of overhead. And all of these new Networking AVRs have tons of apps and have some future proof features with the new Marvel 3D ready with 4K scaling processors. More than enough assignable HDMI & S/PDIF inputs. Etc..

The 1121 specs out pretty similar to my Onkyo 709. And you'll appreciate those 7.2 pre-amp outputs if you run dual subs and an additional amplifier, like I do. Simplifies things a bit.

Comment

Ok thanks for the help looks like I will be ordering the 1121.
        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Working...
        X