Custom 3" Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom 3" Exhaust

I recently stepped up from some BBK 1 5/8" headers to some Kooks 1 3/4" with 3" collectors and their 3" x pipe.

So I wanted a full stainless cat back to match the front half. I put the anti roll bar in and new I was gonna have to do something about the exhaust because I didn't want to run dumps. This was my solution. I ordered a bunch of various mandrel bent 304 ss, mufflers, tips and went to town.

This was a fun little project. The only dislike I have about it is using the strap clamps. I wanted them for two reasons, ease of install/removal and adjustment in case I didn't get a bend just right. I may go back later and put some v band clamps on the tailpipe sections. Right now I can get the over the axle section in without even taking the weight off the rear.

I went from flowmasters to these magnaflows and I'm now a magnaflow fan. I didn't know what I was gonna think about them since I've had flowmasters for so long but I absolutely love them. Much quiter when just cruising and really nice sound when wide open.

A coworker and I took turns welding. The better welds are his. I still need a lot of practice.

Headers

X Pipe

X Pipe to mufflers

Muffler exit to around the ARB linkage

Snaking between the UCA and the ARB linkage. It looks real tight. But I've driven the car a few hundred miles now without any interference.

00 GT
    Twin Turbo Street Car

Tailpipes. I used some polished magnaflow tips.

00 GT
    Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

As usual, looks fantastic! I like the Magnaflow exhaust a lot....it doesnt have that obnoxious mullet head sound all the time, only at WOT does it get loud. But then again, I only have the puny 2.5" set up.

Comment

I think I'll keep em.
        00 GT
        Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

I can no longer afford to keep up with you power wise, so you can stop now.....please.

Comment

Lol, you're still ahead of me!
            00 GT
            Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Very nice!
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by 4pnt6 View Post
                  Lol, you're still ahead of me!
                  Ha! By the looks of it, not for long. What size pulley are you running?

Comment

Damn man, you sell some children to pay for all of shit you been doin to that car
                    Looks good! Did you back purge when you were welding it?
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                      Ha! By the looks of it, not for long. What size pulley are you running?
                      3.7"

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                      Damn man, you sell some children to pay for all of shit you been doin to that car
                      Looks good! Did you back purge when you were welding it?
                      Lol, still have my daughter. No we didn't back purge it. Kinda wish we had but didn't have the regulator for it.
                      00 GT
                      Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

Lol, still have my daughter. No we didn't back purge it. Kinda wish we had but didn't have the regulator for it.
                        Cool, I will prob use solar flux when I do SS, back purging seems like a big PITA.
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

It uses a lot of gas too. The inside really wasn't that bad.

I still owe you a ride cause the last time was pretty pathetic. That was the last day I drove it before I got fed up and started tearing shit apart! I've driven it a few times since it's been back together. Still waiting to get the tune squared away.
                          00 GT
                          Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

It uses a lot of gas too. The inside really wasn't that bad.

I still owe you a ride cause the last time was pretty pathetic. That was the last day I drove it before I got fed up and started tearing shit apart! I've driven it a few times since it's been back together. Still waiting to get the tune squared away.
                            Lol, no problem, Manny doing the tune?

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                              Lol, no problem, Manny doing the tune?
                              Yeah. He's a trooper. This car is a bitch to tune.
                              00 GT
                              Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

Working...
                              X